- Date Posted: September 20, 2021
- Location: , SW Florida
- Company: Cabbage Key resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: https://cabbagekey.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (239) 283-2278
Cabbage Key resort
Cabbage Key, a 100-acre island on Pine Island Sound in southwest Florida, has regular openings for seasonal and full-time workers, including managerial positions, bartenders, servers, sou chefs, line cooks, boat captains, housekeepers and more.
There are no cars on Cabbage Key, not even a paved road. You will find winding nature trails, romantic picturesque views and relaxation.Our ideal candidates are self motivated, experienced, positive, team players, dedicated to preserving the reputation we worked so hard to acquire. Over the past 60 years the island has grown in popularity due to the tremendous reputation developed through many years of providing visitors with great food and excellent service.
The closest major cities are Cape Coral and Fort Myers. RSW is the closest major airport. We have a staff boat that ferries Cabbage Key employees from Pineland Marina, on Pine Island, to Cabbage Key every morning at 8:30 a.m. and returns from Cabbage Key to Pineland Marina every afternoon after 4 p.m.
Employees must cover all relocation costs incurred.
Room and board
We have employee housing for certain positions. Our employee housing consists of dorm style, co-ed housing units. Employees have a private bedroom with basic furnishings (bed and dresser) and shared bathrooms. Due to the style of housing, pets are not allowed. Only staff working for Cabbage Key can be residents in staff housing. There are staff meals served in the restaurant three times a day – breakfast and lunch are ala carte and dinner is served family style. There is a coin operated washer and dryer on the island.
What to bring
We suggest bringing the following items to make your move to Cabbage Key as smooth as possible!
- Valid, unexpired identification (two forms)
- If you are bringing a car, we need your valid car registration and insurance
- A voided check! We have direct deposit and in order to get paid you need this!
- Bedding – Pillows, sheets and blanket/comforter
- Toiletries – Shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.
- Alarm clock
- Flashlight – Trail is dark at night!
- Bottled water – We have well water!
- Bug spray
- Sunscreen – It’s sunny in SW Florida!
- Waterproof windbreaker
- TV-with digital antenna (we do not have cable)
- Uniform (Day) Khaki shorts or pants and white tennis shoes. Staff shirt will be provided.
- Uniform (Evening) – You may wear your own nice clothes. No jeans or flip flops.
What we do for fun
Cabbage Key is made for the outdoors person. If you love fishing, kayaking, nature, the beach, shelling and boating – Cabbage Key is for you! Skiffs and kayaks are available for rent from the dockmaster or you can bring your own kayak. If you like to fish – make sure you bring your pole! There is an 18 hole golf course, Alden Pines, located on Pine Island. If you are the artistic type – bring your easel or camera and capture the amazing beauty of our island.
How to apply
Online: Apply here.
Phone: (239) 283-2278
Email: [email protected]