- Date Posted: April 19, 2022
- Location: Aspen, Colorado
- Company: The Gant Aspen
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $60,000 / year
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Previous experience required
- Website: http://www.gantaspen.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 925-5000
The Human Resources Manager will provide strategic, tactical and operational support of key human resources programs and functions to all employees. Functions include: compliance, recruitment and retention, employee relations, performance management, benefit communications, compensation, payroll submission, training and development, administrative duties in conjunction with CoAdvantage (PEO).
HIRING BONUS: Up to $1000
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal, state and local requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records, including personnel files and I-9 management, personnel handbook.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Assist hiring managers with full-cycle recruitment and selection efforts including posting positions using Applicant Tracking System(s), diverse advertising, managing multiple recruiting platforms, interviewing, counseling managers on candidate selection and assessments, and completing background and MVR checks, and references in compliance with EEO and AA.
- Onboards and processes all new hires, transfers and promotions; facilitates orientation
- Offboards employees including exit interviews and terminations.
- Provides support in the delivery of company incentive programs/communications such as recognition, development, End of Season celebrations, Housekeeping Week, and other Brown Bag meetings.
- Maintains compensation and benefits plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; assistance with reviewing labor budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing compensation and benefits structure revisions.
- Manage payroll changes through CoAdvantage.
- Benefit communications, education and Open Enrollment in coordination with CoAdvantage.
- Manage benefits such as Wellness Incentive program, bus passes, etc.
- Performance management including seasonal review program, workforce and succession planning; assisting managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors; and progressive discipline.
- Partner closely with Operations to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and employee retention while nurturing and championing Gant culture.
- Development and training in accordance to laws and industry standards, including employment law training for managers, harassment, security, etc.
- Organize and create content for safety meetings.
- In coordination with CoAdvantage, manage Workers Compensation claims, FMLA, ADA, STD/LTD, and LOA’s; develop and execute new policy/procedures to maintain compliance on changing Public Health Orders.
- Ensure completion of on-going education in Human Resources.
- Maintain strict confidentiality along with HIPAA compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Three years progressive Human Resources generalist experience; Hospitality Human Resources experience a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software with advanced Excel skills
- Experience in HRIS, Payroll and ATS systems
- Effective communication both verbally and written in English, with all level of employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner; communication to be used in phone conversations, face-to-face interactions and email correspondence employees. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Strong conflict management and consultation skills.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including recruiting, talent management, training, compensation practices, performance management, employee relations, federal and state employment laws.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certifications preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Human Resources Office is equipped with computer, phone system calculators, file cabinets, desks, chairs
- Considerable person to person contact with employees, homeowners, and possibly guests.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Telephone, computer, monitor, keyboard, printer.
- Office supplies and equipment.
- Copy and scanner machine, fax machine.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt, Full-time Regular
HIRING RANGE: $60,000 – $80,000 annual
GENERAL BENEFITS: M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, PTO, Annual Bonus, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for full list. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, or other requirements and conditions.
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.