- Date Posted: July 22, 2022
- Location: Medora, North Dakota
- Company: Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.medora.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (701) 623-4444
There’s no organization quite like the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF). We’re a premiere tourism operation—and we’re a 501c(3) non-profit. We welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to an exciting, diverse lineup of entertainment, historical, and educational attractions—and we work tirelessly to connect people to Medora for positive life changing experiences.
TRMF was established in 1986—but our story begins before that. In 1962, nationally-renowned businessman Harold Schafer took an interest in a historic old town named Medora. He loved its history, its striking location, and its potential to inspire others. So he began revitalizing the old town: he restored a historic hotel, brought the Medora Musical to town, and so much more.
It was 1986 when the Schafer family, with Harold ready to retire from business, donated all they’d created in Medora to establish the non-profit Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
In the years since, we’ve grown from a staff of a handful of folks to more than 50 full-time employees, with hundreds more seasonal workers and over 650 volunteers. We’ve awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of scholarships to our staff. The Medora Musical has earned the attention of The New York Times. And we’ve earned a reputation as the #1 tourism and hospitality provider in North Dakota.
We are a team of people who draw inspiration from Medora. We deeply respect this place, and the people we meet here. We deliver excellence in hospitality. We work with creativity and integrity. We’re a family that values family.
We are the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
The Human Resources Coordinator will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations human resource department.
Under general direction, ensures timely processing of workers’ compensation claims; evaluates accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure adequate investigation; ensures that TRMF is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; provides safety training and guidance to all departments.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicant and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department, to include, but limited to, scheduling interviews, processing background checks, maintaining employee transportation/shuttle schedule, maintaining seasonal employee housing room assignments and check-in procedures.
- Conducts or assists with new hire onboarding process.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Presenting the community and lifestyle of our apartment, multi-family and single family homes to prospective and current residents. Be responsible for all aspects including, but not limited to, pre-qualifying, touring, application, lease execution, unit-walk, and move-in process.
- Fielding and resolving resident issues to ensure resident satisfaction through all interactions.
- Preparing leases and renewal leases.
- Maximize resident retention, executing lease renewals; coordinate move in and move out inspections.
- Process move-outs and security deposit refunds/forfeitures if needed.
- Coordinate maintenance requests with TRMF maintenance department.
Workers’ Compensation/ Health & Safety
- Evaluates accident reports, ensuring the timely processing of medical bills and temporary total disability benefits; reviews medical reports, witness statements, department investigation results and other documentation. Compiles facts and data regarding accident reports and filed cases.
- Maintains subrogation records and files for those incidents involving third parties.
- Reviews accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident; advises departments of trends in injuries and proper safety procedures that may result in reduction of injuries; provides department with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Trains staff in the proper procedures and forms to be utilized in workers’ compensation matters and the preparation of reports, notices of absence, and notices of return to work.
- Attends seminars, conducts research and maintains liaison with individuals in the medical community and health care fields to keep abreast of current health and safety trends.
- Administers all wellness programs in the organization.
- Promotes wellness and fitness initiatives in the organization; answers questions and collects feedback from participants.
- Collaborates with HR staff to identify cost-effective wellness programs and incentives.
- Assist with designing, planning, and implementing classes, speakers, seminars, personal training, and voluntary fitness assessment to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Promotes the employee assistance program (EAP).
- Drafts and maintains accurate, confidential records and reports as required to track and assess employee participation, program incentives, costs, and benefits to TRMF.
- Assists in drafting reports and proposals for wellness initiatives and action plans for presentation to upper management.
- Assists with preparation and implementation of wellness budget, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain facts that ensure that claims information is complete and accurate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) systems.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
This position is in an office environment. Evenings, weekends and holidays required from April through October.
TRMF is located in the heart of the Badlands: Medora, North Dakota.
It’s situated near the border separating North Dakota and Montana, along Interstate 94. Medora is the basecamp to Theodore Roosevelt National Park: 110 square miles of rugged beauty. You’re never more than a few minutes away from a night under the stars or a bike ride along the thrilling Maah Daah Hey Trail. In Medora, beauty and adventure abound.
Our central hub of operations, the Life Skills Center, is a state-of-the-art campus, purpose-built for the glory of work and the joy of living. It features a dining room, a fitness center, as well as spaces for music, studying, learning, prayer, reflection, and socializing—all designed with our employees in mind.
- You have a passion for exploring beautiful places and meeting people from around the world.
- You take pride in your work and want to help improve processes and create a great work environment for employees
- Competitive Wages
- 3 Free meals daily in employee cafeteria during peak season
- 100% Employer paid premium medical, dental, vision for employee only coverage
- 6% employer Match for 401K
- Explore Medora and its attractions free or at discounted costs. Including the Medora Musical, Bully Pulpit Golf Course, Trail Rides, Mini Golf, Retail Shops and more!
- Learn more at foundation.medora.com/employment/