- Date Posted: April 17, 2022
- Location: Conway, New Hampshire
- Company: World Fellowship Center
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $15 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://worldfellowship.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (978) 403-0301
World Fellowship Center is hiring summer staff! WFC is an intergenerational, educational, rustic retreat center in a camp-like environment that promotes peace and focuses on social justice programming. It is set in the spectacular natural beauty of New Hampshire’s White Mountains. Since 1941, World Fellowship has been a hub of progressive activity in the Northeast and space for brave and challenging conversations; a multigenerational vacation destination that offers regeneration of mind, body, and spirit beside a pristine woodland lake in the shadow of Mount Chocorua.
The positions that are available include the following: leadership and management, housekeepers, servers, cooks, maintenance, and office positions. Positions run from June 1 – to October 15. The primary season is late June through early September – priority is given to candidates who will be available for that entire window.
What makes working at WFC so special?
- The staff is a group of smart, fun, collaborative people co-creating an atmosphere of caring for each other and excellence in service
- The community is passionate, multicultural, intergenerational, and committed
- The setting is uniquely beautiful – from Whitton Pond onsite to local White Mountain excursions. During time off, you are able to take advantage of daily hike and bike outings, a mile-long pond with canoeing, swimming, and kayaking.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and network with social justice activists – folks who have been working to make the world a better place for decades. From lectures and workshop offerings to providing orientation and support to guest presenters, the staff is encouraged to take advantage of the many possible ways to engage.
- Among other things, programs are connected to progressive political and social issues, creating skills for organizing, and strengthening resilience in difficult times. There is also a wide variety of recreational, body movement, arts, and culture programs.
- You will be working with 20 to 30 other people who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences – the collage of individuals is one of the things that makes World Fellowship the wonderful atmosphere it is!