- Date Posted: October 22, 2022
- Location: Big Sky, Montana
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.yellowstoneclub.com
- Email: er[email protected]m
- Phone: (406) 995-7909
Purpose: The purpose of the Housekeeping Manager is to oversee the operations, budget, and performance of the area to which they have been assigned.
Directly or indirectly supervises employees; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Club’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws; responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and motivating employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that each member and guest receives outstanding guest service in an environment that includes greeting and acknowledging the Member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, and take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our Members and guests.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees, Members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Support the goals, policies, and procedures of the Executive Housekeeper, Residential Services Operations, and the Yellowstone Club.
- Manage and supervise all Assistant Housekeeping Managers in their daily tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall cleanliness of the Member and guest units meet Yellowstone Club expectations.
- Responsible to order cleaning supplies and operational items for the department. Strive to use environmental-friendly cleaning supplies and techniques at all times.
- Complete work scheduling for the department.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct routine inspections of the homes to ensure consistency and high quality.
- Maintain payroll in accordance with forecasts and budgets. Know how and when to flex as needed.
- Plan and organize new hire orientation and training for new and returning employees.
- Plan, assist, and conduct the morning meeting.
- Maintain room status communication with the Rental, Sales, and Lodging teams.
- Oversee the monthly linen, towel, and supply inventories.
- Maintain and track deep cleaning projects for the area of responsibility.
- Report and track maintenance orders. Ensure projects are completed on time and up to Yellowstone Club expectations.
- Monitor financial objectives; payroll, supply budgets, and cost factors.
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed, including OSHA and ADA.
- Ensure Assistant Housekeeping Managers are keeping with the performance factors as established in respective job descriptions. Including attendance, teamwork, initiative, productivity, etc.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for all Assistant Housekeeping Managers working in the area of responsibility.
- Assist the Director of Residential Services and Executive Housekeeper to develop and designing procedures, policies, and operations of the division to meet quality standards.
- Assist the Director of Residential Services and Executive Housekeeper to coordinate an approved capital improvement schedule in the division. Control project costs and guidelines.
- Achieve the highest possible Member satisfaction.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance, and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers, and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain the privacy of our Members at all times.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high-quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours, and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
High School Diploma, GED, or related work experience; 2+ years of supervisory/manager experience; Proven ability to motivate, and train a team; 3+ years experience in housekeeping in a resort or club setting.
Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or related degree.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License.
Intermediate to advanced experience with all Microsoft Office applications.
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors, and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem-solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow, or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms or operate a computer. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle, organize or lift items. The employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, attention to detail, and thoroughness of the work assigned, to preparing and analyzing data and figures, visually inspecting the property and/or department, and recognizing hazards and safety violations.