- Date Posted: March 21, 2022
- Location: Chama, New Mexico
- Company: Corkins Lodge
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $15 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://corkinslodge.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (505) 570-0666
Are you looking for breathtaking outdoor scenery and recreation without the crowds? Corkins Lodge is like staying at your private national park. We have a collection of 10 cabins located near Chama in the mountains of Northern New Mexico.
We are looking for energetic individuals (preferably two people) to help us create the best experience for our guests.
General tasks include:
- housekeeping – cleaning cabins
- swimming pool maintenance
- fishing pond stocking
- wood harvesting (chainsaw experience a plus)
- manual stick shift driving experience is also a plus
About Corkins Lodge
Corkins Lodge offers unparalleled settings and amenities for mountain wilderness retreats. Our guests and team have exclusive private access to 2.5 miles of the Brazos River for fishing, hiking, and swimming. We have a heated outdoor pool, playground, indoor game room, outdoor study cabin, horseshoe, bocce ball, tetherball courts, and gorgeous picnic grounds. Our 5,000-acre land has the best fishing, hiking, hunting, and river swimming. With only 10 cabins, we offer unparalleled uncrowded spaciousness.
Cabin Housing Provided
Housing for these positions is provided in a private cabin on site with 2-bedrooms with queen beds, one bathroom with a shower, a wood-burning stove, and a full kitchen. In addition, you may use our laundry facilities on-site for free and other resort amenities (game room/pool/fishing/hiking trails, etc.)
You’ll be joining a staff of 6-10, including our longtime manager, who has worked at the property for more than 50 years. Ideally, two people in these new roles would like to be roommates, could be couples, family, or friends. We envision this position as seasonal reoccurring each year.
Corkins Lodge is located at the foot of the ancient Brazos Cliffs in Northern New Mexico. We are about 25 minutes from the town of Chama, 1 hour 20 minutes to Pagosa Springs, CO, 2 hours to Taos and Santa Fe, and 3 hours to Albuquerque, NM. If you like to soak in natural hot springs on your days off, we are 1 hour 20 minutes to Pagosa Springs and 1 hour 40 minutes to Ojo Caliente, NM. You will need your vehicle transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Requirements, Schedule & Benefits
The basic requirements are
- The ability to walk around the 21-acre grounds and climb stairs and ladders
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- The work schedule may fluctuate but is set for full-time 40 hours 5 days a week. In addition, the two positions will be required to work over the weekends when we are most busy with guests.
- 2 days off per week and 5 days of paid vacation time off and the opportunity for other unpaid time off or flex time
- This position starts at $15/hr base pay but can be more based on experience. Housekeeping tips are on top of the base pay. There may also be opportunities for overtime paid at time and a half.
- You will be required to have your own vehicle for transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Chainsaw and wood harvesting skills are a plus
- The ability to drive a manual stick shift is also a plus
- Prefer 2 people for these 2 positions who will be roommates in a 2-bedroom fully furnished private cabin on-site. Cabinhousing is included as a benefit.