- Date Posted: April 28, 2022
- Location: Groveland, California
- Company: Evergreen Lodge & Rush Creek Lodge at Yosemite
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $18 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.evergreenlodge.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (209) 379-2606
2022 END OF PEAK SEASON
To show our appreciation to those who work with us throughout our busy season and finish the season with us, we are very excited to announce that we have created the first-ever End of Peak Season Staff Appreciation Lottery.
- Lottery occurs on or around October 31st
- Must begin working with us by August 1st
- Must be employed at the lodge on October 30th
- Tickets: eligible staff earn 1 lottery ticket per full pay period worked (minimum 60 hours) from April 4th through October 30th (up to 15 pay periods)
- Award levels distribution
Sixty $250 awards Ten $500 awards Five $1,000 awards
See additional lottery details posted at the staff café & time clocks
Housekeepers-Starting at $18.00 up to $20.00 per hour plus tips.
Evergreen Lodge & Rush Creek Lodge are amazing places to live, work and play year-round. We are looking for experienced Housekeepers with high standards to complete our talented housekeeping team at the lodges. Our Housekeepers provide housekeeping services to our cabins and public buildings at the lodge. Housekeepers work at an hourly rate plus a per room bonus, which allows them to control their earnings through their productivity.
We are looking for warm, friendly people with high standards and high integrity who have been top performers in their previous roles. We welcome seasonal or career-oriented applicants.
Subsidized housing and meal plan available at a cost of $125 per week.
The ideal individual is excited to work in a professional yet very genuine way and embraces working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Must be 18 or older
- Preferably previous housekeeping experience or experience in a hotel setting.
- Must be able to pick up and carry 20+ lbs.
- The team member works in outside weather conditions. He/She will work in all-year-round weather environments while traveling to different areas on the property.
- Key Personality Traits:
- Must work efficiently and with a great eye for detail.
- Communication and great customer service is a must as well as a good attitude.
- Team player
- Full-time position available immediately
- Position can be year-round or seasonal
- Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
- Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401K eligible with company match after 1 year
ABOUT THE EVERGREEN LODGE
The Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite is located on 22 acres bordering Yosemite National Park. The lodge is highly recommended by Fodor’s, called a ‘Hidden Gem’ by Sunset Magazine, and described by Frommer’s as “the classic Yosemite experience.” Built in 1921, Evergreen Lodge has always featured cabins in the woods, a retail store, an excellent restaurant, and a classic tavern. In 2002, the lodge was purchased and underwent a major expansion and modernization, reopening in 2004 with 48 new guest cabins, guest facilities, recreation programs, and both on/off-site staff and manager housing. The lodge again expanded in 2009, adding 24 additional guest cabins (for a total of 90) and completing a variety of facilities and public space upgrades. The expanded Evergreen retains its original warmth, character, and personal touch while providing the best all-around lodging and recreational facilities in the Yosemite area. The Evergreen provides great career opportunities for talented staff and managers. Since the lodge has a significant recreational focus, we seek staff and managers who are excited about the outdoors and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
ABOUT RUSH CREEK LODGE
Rush Creek Lodge is the first new resort to join the Yosemite area in decades and is located just 1/2 mile from Yosemite’s Highway 120 entrance and 7 miles from the Evergreen Lodge. Set on 20 woodland acres, this hillside ‘destination within a destination’ boasts a grand main lodge and a mix of 143 lodge rooms, suites, and two-bedroom hillside villas, all featuring a deck overlooking nature, the majority with sunset views. Rush Creek also offers a restaurant, tavern, expansive pool area with poolside bar, game room, guest lounge, event space, guided recreation, and more. Like Evergreen, Rush Creek provides gracious and friendly service, top-quality facilities with both private and communal settings, and a wide array of activities for guests to enjoy their time at the lodge and explore the Yosemite area. Rush Creek is able to expand the Youth Program, environmental mission, and meaningful approach to hospitality that began at Evergreen Lodge. And like Evergreen, Rush Creek offers both on and off-site housing for staff and managers.
EVERGREEN & RUSH CREEK’S INTERN PROGRAM
In addition to its primary function as tourist Lodges, the Evergreen & Rush Creek run a Youth Employment Program in which 18-24-year-old young adults from urban backgrounds join our staff for a program of career-oriented training and work experience in a healthy, supportive community, coupled with exposure to outdoor and recreational life experiences.
Although providing a great guest experience is our first priority, our Intern Program is central to what we do at both Lodges, and we are proud to run an enterprise with both a business and a social mission. Our Program’s success hinges on our ability to find exceptional managers and hourly staff who provide support and mentoring for our interns. Those who are most successful and happy at the Evergreen & Rush Creek are genuinely excited about helping others and feel our Intern Program enriches their job, rather than adding an additional burden to an already challenging operating role.
Evergreen Lodge is also a founding Certified B Corporation, having met rigorous, independent standards of social and environmental performance. Rush Creek has also become a certified B Corporation as well, working like the Evergreen to use business as a force for good.
Both lodges also host an innovative onsite hospitality apprenticeship degree program in partnership with our local community college, providing yet another vehicle for social impact. The combination of hospitality, recreation, culture, idyllic setting, an environmental sensibility, and social mission make the lodges very special and unique places.