- Date Posted: January 19, 2023
- Location: Sequoia National Park, California
- Salary: $16 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://visitsequoia.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (559) 565-3341
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring full-time Housekeepers to join our team at Wuksachi Lodge in Sequoia National Park, California.
Minimum pay rate: $16.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
We offer great perks for our eligible Wuksachi Lodge associates:
• Full-time benefits available
• Low-Cost Employee Housing.
• FREE shift meal.
At Delaware North, we care about our associates’ professional and personal wellbeing. We have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety, and stability they need to deliver exceptional service to our guests. All associates are eligible for benefits including weekly pay, employee assistance program, training and development, employee discounts, and flexible work schedules. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and tuition reimbursement are available for eligible associates.
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, or local law.
- Thoroughly cleans public areas, rooms, and restrooms according to department procedures.
- Empties wastebaskets and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies per housekeeping procedures.
- Conducts walkarounds of assigned areas to ensure the facility meets housekeeping standards.
- Interacts on occasion with guests while cleaning guests and meeting rooms. Assists guests as needed.
- Reports maintenance repair problems to Supervisor.
- Ensures all lost and found items are turned in and logged on a daily basis.
- Ensures sanitation guidelines are maintained.
- Ensures all linen rooms and work areas are neat, clean, and organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Limited to no experience required; previous commercial cleaning or guest service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of various cleaning utensils, dryers, vacuum cleaners, tools, and fixtures.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure.
- Ability to follow directions and instructions.
- Ability to make simple addition and subtraction calculations.
- Frequent walking and standing for the entire length of the shift.
- Frequent climbing of stairs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying.
- Use of hands to operate cleaning equipment and complete scrubbing/washing duties.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity is sufficient to inspect the cleanliness of rooms and surfaces.
- Working conditions include being regularly exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions, and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- noise level may be moderate to loud.
Who We Are
Sequoia National park offers an opportunity to see the giant Redwoods that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. The work itself is exciting, and there are a lot of career opportunities for advancement and opportunities to transfer to other Delaware North properties located at the state and national parks across the country. We offer on-site housing and discounts on food, beverage, and retail. Shuttle service to town is provided.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability, and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated, and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal-opportunity employer.