- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Luray, Virginia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $14 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.goshenandoah.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (877) 847-1919
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring Housekeepers to join our team at Shenandoah National Park, Virginia.
Housekeeping positions in Shenandoah start at $14.00/hr
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, or local law
- Thoroughly cleans public areas, rooms, and restrooms according to department procedures.
- Empties wastebaskets and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies per housekeeping procedures.
- Conducts walk-arounds of assigned areas to ensure the facility meets housekeeping standards.
- Interacts on occasion with guests while cleaning guest and meeting rooms. Assists guest as needed.
- Reports maintenance repair problems to Supervisor.
- Ensures all lost and found items are turned in and logged on a daily basis.
- Ensures sanitation guidelines are maintained.
- Ensures all linen rooms and work areas are neat, clean and organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Limited to no experience required; previous commercial cleaning or guest service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of various cleaning utensils, dryers, vacuum cleaners, tools and fixtures.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure.
- Ability to follow direction and instructions.
- Ability to make simple addition and subtraction calculations.
- Frequent walking and standing for entire length of shift.
- Frequent climbing of stairs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying.
- Use of hands to operate cleaning equipment and complete scrubbing/washing
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, quiet wooded hollows. It’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every shift.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.