- Date Posted: March 14, 2022
- Location: Gustavus, Alaska
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $13 / hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.visitglacierbay.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (907) 683-9294
Magnificent glaciers, towering snow-capped mountains, abundant birds & wildlife, and mile after mile of pristine coastline. Glacier Bay Lodge, nestled under the spruce trees that line Bartlett Cove, offers the only hotel accommodations within the park. Enjoy time off submersed in one of nature’s finest displays of rainforests in North America, and the rare opportunity to see dynamic glacial landscapes firsthand.
Perks: Flexible days off to explore the park and local native communities, working with a diverse team, and meeting people from all over the world. Great mentorship with advancement opportunities to future lodging positions at other adventurous locations across our portfolio.
Position Summary: The Housekeeper cleans and maintains assigned area(s) to meet customer and client satisfaction Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Adheres to established procedures to provide a safe working environment including complying with OSHA, state/local, federal, and Aramark regulations
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment to project the safety and health of others
- Properly cleans and maintains housekeeping equipment
- Cleans assigned areas to Aramark and client standards and requirements
- Follows procedures for storage and disposal of trash and transports it to designated areas
- Reports maintenance concerns via work order requests to appropriate personnel
- Secures the facility, ensuring building is locked/unlocked as required
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous custodial experience preferred
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling greater than 50 lbs.
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks and exposure to hazardous chemicals