- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Cortland, Ohio
- Company: Ohio Living Lake Vista
Company ContactApply Online Now
Ohio Living Lake Vista
You’re a neat freak with a clean streak.
You love to see things sparkle, and you want to share your skills in a setting that offers a sense of community – and that allows you to get to know the people you are cleaning for. You know how to work safely, get things done and always maintain a great attitude. Best of all, caring for people who cannot do it for themselves makes you feel good. If this sounds like you, we think you would be the perfect Housekeeper at Ohio Living.
Why Ohio Living is different
- Part of the community. At Ohio Living, unlike hospitality or office cleaning, you get to know the residents, patients and staff. That makes your work more personally rewarding as you build relationships and know you are helping others.
- Variety is nice. You enjoy taking on a wide variety of cleaning tasks, from rooms and common areas to offices. From cleaning floors, dusting and polishing to deep cleaning. It keeps your days moving along.
- Better schedules. Most of our Housekeeping jobs are daytime shifts that rarely last past 7 or 8pm. That’s a contrast to similar jobs with evening hours.
- Attractive pay and benefits. We offer everything you expect, plus a retirement plan, paid time off, education assistance, pay advances up to $500, recognition programs and free meals.
What you’ll do
You’ll take care of day-to-day cleaning activities in resident and patient homes and rooms, common areas and administrative offices. Duties include cleaning, dusting, washing, vacuuming and more, in a safe and efficient manner. Respecting resident and patient property, listening to their wishes and reporting any maintenance concerns are also part of your day.
What it takes
- Tenth grade education required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- One year of housekeeping experience preferred; training provided
- Knowledge of general housekeeping methods, cleaning equipment and the care of various floors preferred
- Ability to handle physical aspects of the job, including bending, kneeling and being on your feet all day
Ohio Living Lake Vista is Trumbull County’s premier retirement community offers long-term nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living. We also offer independent living apartments and villa homes. Most importantly, we’re a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization by consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, recognition centered, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
Why work at Ohio Living Lake Vista?
Our residents and employees have access to an on-campus library and a walking trail that winds through our 32-acre campus and connects to the Turkey Run Trail in Mosquito Lake State Park. Depending on an employee’s status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off including your birthday
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Who is Ohio Living?
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults in 50 Ohio counties.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Care • Integrity • Customer Service • Innovation
Financial Stewardship • Leadership • Inclusion
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person