- Date Posted: July 31, 2023
- Location: Corning, New York 14830
- Company: Radisson Hotel Corning
Company ContactApply Online Now
Radisson Hotel Corning
The House Attendant is primarily responsible for maintaining common areas within the hotel for cleanliness and appearance and assisting the housekeeping staff. This individual will promote a safe working environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The House Attendant will work with supervisors, inspectors, and other members of the housekeeping team to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Create a fresh and inviting atmosphere for guests by making sure all areas of the hotel are clean and refreshing.
- Maintain extra areas above daily quota upon request.
- Keep all supplies, cleaning materials, and clean linens secure, free of clutter and hazards, and in assigned storage areas where others can find them and to prevent losses or damages.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Assist in maintaining hotel inventory of supplies, linens, and other amenities.
- Shovel snow in walkways and emergency exits.
- Deliver guest supplies as needed.
- Assist housekeeping staff with laundry removal and unit cleaning.
- Fill in where needed in other areas of the hotel during times of business fluctuations.
- Clean and maintain lobby, entrance doors, and bell trolleys.
- Promote sanitation, safety, security efforts, and guest services of the Hotel.
- Ensure meeting space and facilities are inspected, cleaned, and in proper operational conditions at all times.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow hotel policy with lost/stolen items.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contribute to guest services and hotel success through teamwork.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of the housekeeping field
- One to two years of related experience and/or training
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Prior experience using hazardous cleaning chemicals, vacuum cleaners, cleaning accessories, and tools
- Some computer skills beneficial
- Must be able to stand and walk on feet throughout the shift
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull 50 lbs or more (as much as up to 150 lbs)
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements
- Must be able to frequently reach overhead
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on a frequent basis
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, hoisting, or crawling on floor sometimes necessary to clean
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to work in variable room temperatures
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be able to quickly learn simple procedures and techniques
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Schedules are based on occupancy levels and business of hotel
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests