- Date Posted: December 21, 2021
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Company: Walt Disney
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $19.10/hr
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 2-5 yrs
- Website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/
Dinner Cooks at the Resort Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are responsible for preparing/cooking menu items to be fried, broiled, grilled or steamed.
The starting rate for Dinner Cook is $19.10 per hour.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks stocks, soups, sauces, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in hotels and restaurants
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and procures it from storage
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- Formulates and prepares complex recipes including bakers/pastry recipes and high-end specialty desserts for banquets and fine-dining restaurants
- May assist Pastry/ Chef Head Baker with cake decorating
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers and tenderizers to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces and casseroles
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking according to personal judgment and experience. Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
- Responsible for ensuring food is cooked to proper standard
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the culinary field with a focus on high volume production
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Proven ability to read and understand recipes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and work in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and an ability to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Must have proficient knife skills
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events