- Date Posted: February 18, 2022
- Location: Kodiak Island, Alaska
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $2,800/month + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience needed
- Website: https://www.maschmedt.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (206) 920-7745
Our hospitality crew work together to create a clean and comfortable experience for all of our guests. We wear many hats and all pitch in to do whatever needs to be done. The most common duties include; Assisting our chef with serving meals, washing dishes, cleaning dining room, laundry, and cleaning guests rooms on turnover days (we don’t do daily maid service).
- Team player with a friendly and positive attitude who takes instructions well and gets along with others
- Healthy, non smoker, drug-free.
- Responsible, strong work ethic
- Willing to go the extra mile to ensure room and lodge cleanliness is up to the standards of the most discerning guests.
- This position can be physically demanding and requires lifting of vacuums, cleaning supplies, ice buckets, dish trays, etc.
- No couples
- No pets
- Salary – $2,800 month.
- Tips – 5% of tip pool
- Room & Board – You will have you own, private room in our brand new crew house and provided all daily meals. Alcoholic beverages are allowed, but not provided by the lodge. Abuse of alcohol will result in immediate termination.
- Personal items such as toiletries and medications are not provided or reimbursed by the lodge.
- Transportation – Kodiak Lodge will pay all transportation costs to and from Larsen Bay provided you stay the entire season. If you leave before the season ends, then transportation costs will be deducted from your final paycheck.
Breakfast is usually served at 6 am so our staff begin preparations around
5 am. While our chef is preparing breakfast, the hospitality staff will build a fire, prepare dining room for guests, and assist chef with preparation of lunches for guests to take with them on the boats.
After guests leave around 7 am then cleanup begins. After cleanup there is
usually a few hours to rest as the guests are out fishing.
Midday you’ll work on laundry and cleaning rooms if necessary, then preparing for when the guests return for dinner.You will work with the chef on serving hors d’oeurvres, drinks and dinner followed by cleaning up before heading to bed.
Dinner is typically served around 6:30 pm so cleanup may not be
wrapped up until close to 9 pm.
SEASON DATES: May 20th – September 15th
Please send resume to Don Maschmedt @ [email protected]