- Date Posted: April 19, 2022
- Location: Boulder, Colorado
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $110 / day + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://timberline-adventures.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (303) 550-5226
Looking for experienced hiking and cycling guides to join our team. Choose your multi-day tour! As a part-time position throughout the year, you can work as much or as little as you want. Must be knowledgeable in wilderness experience and customer service.
We run multi-day, fully supported hiking and road cycling tours across the U.S., averaging 6-10 hiking miles a day, or 40-70 road miles a day. We expect to run about 20 – 30 tours in 2022 starting in January and we will have 10-12 guides on the roster. Each guide will work 2 – 15 tours in the year, paired with another guide, and you have a lot of flexibility with your schedule. We do not camp or cook meals, but the guide must meet the needs of the guests for the entire week. Guides can be certified for hiking or cycling or both.
A successful candidate for this position will have these qualities:
- Passionate about outdoor recreation and leading a healthy lifestyle.
- A calm disposition and ability to handle stressful situations with quick thinking and temperate, but definitive actions.
- Inclusive, non-judgmental, and encouraging demeanor.
- Fast learner, self-starter, and team player.
- Customer service is oriented with the attitude of providing the best possible experience for the participants using compassion, patience, and a sense of humor.
- Attention to detail – using checklists, documenting procedures, and being carefully aware of your surroundings.
- Willingness to conduct historical research and assess current conditions of the geographic area of the tour.
- Have a relevant area of expertise: history, geology, flora and fauna, bicycle mechanic, training techniques, psychology of group dynamics and mental challenges, or other pertinent topics.
- Attend a mandatory guide training session.
- Able to travel to Boulder, CO, where all tours begin and end for the guides.
For a hiking guide:
- Experience in wilderness travel which can include personal treks, group travel, or as a lead.
- Have WFR and CPR certification, or are willing to complete the training
- Physically fit to hike 10-12 miles for several days in a row.
For a cycling guide:
- Experienced in road cycling from personal tours, group travel, or as a lead.
- Have at least Advanced First Aid and CPR certification or be willing to complete the training.
- Physically fit cycle 50-80 miles for several days in a row.
To apply email your resume at [email protected]