Overview: Responsible for providing a safe, clean, personal, entertaining and well thought out hiking excursion that exceeds guest’s expectations.
- Lead hiking excursions by foot or van providing information to guests on the specific education for all “theme hikes”.
- At all times be aware of hiking safety by informing guests that you are First Aid and CPR certified, carry a first aid kit, informing guests about crypto biotic soil, and Leave No Trace guidelines.
- Perform hiking excursions in a safe manner in compliance with all recognized standards set by the resort’s permit and the US Forest Service, carrying a copy of the resort’s USFS permit and current CPR card (hard copy or digital).
- Be familiar with local trail conditions, hazards, weather, and any changes that have been made by the US Forest Service so the resort’s hiking permit is not violated including providing clear and appropriate directions to guests for overall safety.
- Offer to take pictures of guests on the trail.
- If a guest wishes to compliment you, encouraging the guest to share comments on social media, such as TripAdvisor.
- Be familiar with Trail House operations including operating hours, retail items, bike shop, discovery center, and all hiking and biking products.
- Be familiar with Enchantment Resort’s three pillars, and basic products, and services of each pillar.
- Arrive to work wearing your nametag and uniform, preparing cold bottled water, verifying all guests are accounted for and each guest has signed an electronic waiver.
- Remain after each excursion to express thanks to guests, clean van (if used), and turn in signed written receipts to Adventure & Activities Manager.
- Report any incidents or accidents to Adventure & Activities Manager and fill out required incident forms from Safety & Security.
- Fill out required forms such as vehicle log, hiking trail report, and any reports required by the resort or USFS.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled training sessions and meetings
- Must be guest service oriented and interact with guests in a pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic manner
- Display appropriate teamwork, flexibility and interpersonal skills
- Follow all Department Standard Operating Procedures at all times
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED, and/or equivalent work experience. Attention to detail and able to multi-task many priorities. Self motivated ability to work with little supervision and organized. Must be dependable. Knowledge of all trails and area. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification. Ability to lead guests in excursion in safe and professional manner. Must be at least 21 years old and have a clean driving record. Must meet physical demands of this position, present a neat appearance, and a caring attitude and ability to communicate clearly and simply. Safety sensitive position.
For more info, and to apply, visit link below:
Apply via link