Red River Ski & Summer Area
The Hidden Treasure Guides will guide participants through all features of the Ropes / Zip Course. Guides will provide training and safety instructions for challenge ropes course while creating a positive guest experience by increasing confidence, enhancing group dynamics and expanding problem solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for safe operation of Hidden Treasure ropes course, including using learned skills and procedures to educate participants, perform routine safety checks or set up of features.
- Act as a positive role model by directing activities, enforcing safety regulations and dealing effectively with stressful situations or people.
- Utilize communication skills to coach, cultivate experiential learning and gain cooperation of participants. Demonstrate competency in technical skills associated with course operation, including knots, belay skills and personal protective equipment such as harness fitting and helmets.
- Maintain constant surveillance and visually scan assigned area of responsibility every 10 seconds.
- Walk the area as required to monitor activities, provide instructions, and prevent accidents.
- Report unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor immediately.
- Caution participants regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, enforcing all rules and regulations. Demonstrate working knowledge of emergency procedures, performing the following skills as necessary: aerial rescue or evacuation, and contact of emergency medical services.
- Properly prepare designated features and store equipment in appropriate location.
- Ensure assigned area is clean and free of hazards, including but not limited to: use of cleaning products for sanitization, removal of debris/litter, emptying trash and performing light landscaping of guest areas.
- Attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements.
- Act as an Ambassador of Red River Ski & Summer Area with extensive knowledge of all activities, conditions and events. All other duties assigned.
- Positive attitude necessary to fully cooperate in a team environment and provide superior guest service.
- Good decision maker capable of using independent judgment; ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility necessary to perform job functions. Must have the physical and mental capabilities to properly perform emergency rescue.
- Ability to follow and accomplish technical and complex instructions and procedures.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (4-6 hours) with routine exposure to sun and other weather conditions (heat, cold, wind and rain).
- Ability to frequently bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch and climb without difficulty. Continuously works on elevated platforms (up to 60 feet in air), occasionally on uneven and/or slippery surfaces with periodic exposure to hazardous situations.
- Daily lifting/carrying of equipment or materials up to 50lbs.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or a current student enrolled in high school or equivalent program.
- Training will be offered in house by a licensed trainer.
For more information, and to apply, visit link below:
View other jobs here: https://www.redriverskiarea.com/employment/careers/