- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Kanab, Utah
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $22 / hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.bestfriends.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (435) 644-2001
Best Friends recently received a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award from Energage.
Visit the Best Friends Animal Society page on the Energage Top Workplaces award winners’ site here to learn more.
Not only do we take pride in cultivating a welcoming and supportive community and culture for our employees, but we also offer competitive benefits that make it easy to see why we were granted such an awesome award! Take a look for yourself! We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, dependent care reimbursement, pet sitting reimbursement when traveling for work, flexible spending account, health savings account, generous paid time off, paid holidays, auto insurance discount, and legal and identity theft coverage.
For added wellbeing support, we offer Pawternity Leave for employees to have time to care for their personal pets, mental health support, and an employee assistance program. We also offer a generous 401k savings plan. Do you want to love where you work? Look no further and apply online today!
Location: Kanab, Utah
All staff in Information Technology Services – regardless of their unique position – are expected to perform their assigned duties in a manner consistent with professional standards, with full awareness of responsibilities toward managing personal and organizational data, with priority regard to delivering customer service, as leaders in learning and adapting to new technologies and in constructive and effective collaboration with colleagues.
Assists end-users in resolving hardware and software issues by fielding telephone calls and email communication as well as addressing assigned tickets. Diagnoses problems and performs troubleshooting activities, documents, tracks and monitors the problem as an incident or service ticket to facilitate a timely resolution. Escalates to senior personnel or supervisor when needed. Supports desktop hardware, software, and peripherals in a Mac and Windows environment. Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions.
- Treat people around you with Kindness and Compassion, build trust by demonstrating authenticity and following through on your commitments, prioritize your well-being like you do our mission, and work to build strong relationships with your colleagues by participating in communication loops to share and receive honest feedback. You are responsible and accountable for the culture you add to your team dynamic.
- Maintain a safe workplace, valuing and modeling safe work practices, adhering to organizational safety practices and rules, and communicating about unsafe practices and conditions.
This position entails:
50% Help Desk Support: Provides Level I support to resolve incidents and complete service requests. This includes installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading computer hardware, software, computers, and peripheral equipment. Receives, assigns, prioritizes, documents, and actively resolves end-user requests. Assists in the use of standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database management; provide instruction or written documentation where required. Interfaces with users via phone, email, and in person.
50% Desktop Support: Installs, configures, and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business packages and images. Installs assembles and configures computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals, servers, monitors, cables, and printers in a Mac and Windows environment.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, databases, and presentation software. (MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and using online information systems.
- Knowledge in rebuilding workstations (Hardware and Software) and all aspects of troubleshooting computer systems.
- Valid driver’s license with access to transportation to travel on organization business. May require travel via various forms of public transportation and overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday, and evening hours as needed in addition to normal business hours.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
After applicants accept an offer of employment in writing, they will be asked to provide Covid-19 vaccination status information pursuant to any applicable policies in place at the time of hiring.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status.