- Date Posted: July 21, 2022
- Location: Jackson, Wyoming
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: up to $24.85 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://tetonparksandrec.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (307) 732-8567
Are you a lifeguard looking for more opportunity? Do you have a desire to serve the community in which you live? A passion for kids? Please apply if this position makes your heart skip a beat. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate.
SUMMARY: Under basic supervision, observes the activities of patrons in the public pool and adjoining areas and enforces safety rules and regulations. Administers and supervises first aid, CPR, and water rescue to patrons as needed. Provides supervision and direction to Lifeguards and Slide Attendants.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties that are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors activities at the pool to prevent accidents and incidents; follows emergency action plans and established procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; maintains order at pool and adjoining areas; rescues swimmers at risk; administers first aid as necessary.
- Supervises, directs, schedules, and assigns tasks to Lifeguards and Slide Attendants.
- Checks and adjusts the chemistry of all pools; assists with systems repairs and preventative maintenance as required.
- Provides general information on pool operations and protocols to patrons.
- May assist in instructing aquatics programs.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Wyoming/Idaho Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Lifeguard Certification.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO)