- Date Posted: April 29, 2022
- Location: Emigrant, Montana
- Company: B Bar Ranch
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $14 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.bbar.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 848-7729
Seasonal Guest Support Staff (SGSS) assist in multiple areas of the ranch operation. Work involved in this position includes, but is not limited to housekeeping, laundry, kitchen assistance, and other ranch activities. Specific assignments may vary according to the season, available workforce, and the needs and priorities of the ranch.
Seasonal Support Staff are expected to:
- Work within the spirit and specifics of the ranch’s vision, mission, and principles at all times.
- Be flexible in adapting to changes in work activities daily, weekly and monthly.
- Be willing to work in all areas of the ranch as needed, and exhibit enthusiasm in whatever job is assigned.
- Work well within a team, and accept supervision from a variety of individuals depending on the work involved.
- Give helpful feedback and suggestions for work solutions as needed.
Examples of tasks within each area include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Housekeeping: Cleaning all lodge rooms, cabins, and public areas, cleaning, pressing, folding, storing laundry, organizing linens and supplies, replenishing cleaning supplies, keeping all housekeeping storage and work areas clean, neat, and supplied, keeping all guest activity areas uncluttered, organized, and clean, checking and servicing the hot tub, and helping to maintain the tennis court.
- Kitchen: washing dishes, helping to keep the kitchen clean and organized, table setting and decorating, assisting in food preparation, and serving guests.
- Other: hauling garbage and recyclables to off-ranch sites, produce delivery, and assisting with guest arrivals and departures (luggage), visits, and activities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed above are representative of areas in which knowledge, skill, and/or ability are required. The SHA must be self-starting and self-guiding in work habits, and capable of prioritizing tasks in order to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Strong interpersonal and time management skills are a must.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, outdoor work under a range of weather conditions is the norm. Applicants must have the willingness and ability to engage in sometimes highly labor-intensive work. Good communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to perform physical labor are essential.
SGSS is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk and climb. They are occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as well as regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Seasonal Guest Support Staff are employed by the B Bar Management Limited Company (B Bar MLC) and supervised by the Guest Services Supervisor and department supervisors. This is a non-exempt position and thus eligible for overtime pay. We assume at least 40 hours work per week but most often it will run longer and the days and hours will often vary. The supervisor will be responsible for scheduling the dates and times of the work for this position each week.