- Date Posted: July 18, 2022
- Location: Winter Park, Colorado
- Company: Winter Park Resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $16 - $18 / hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.winterparkresort.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 726-1536
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park/Trestle Bike Park and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The E-Agent must be an outgoing and self-motivated individual with a friendly personality and a passion for guest service and the Winter Park Resort experience. They must be detail-oriented and be able to accurately research and efficiently deliver a wide variety of guest information services. An E-Agent is responsible for answering questions and handling guest comments and complaints via telephone, e-mail, social media channels and face-to-face interactions with guests. An E-Agent should have Winter Park Resort/Fraser Valley knowledge and experience and be willing to share their enthusiasm for resort activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: answering and directing in-coming Resort telephone calls, internet and intranet web-site maintenance, snow/trail grooming report, e-mail and on-line information services, maintenance of brochure displays, and updating/communication of promotional information. An E-Agent needs to recognize and network with select area personnel and departments to direct guests appropriately. Self-initiated contact with guests at the base and on-mountain and participation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Promptly answer and operate the switchboard and Guest Services Hotlines; refer calls to the appropriate personnel, department or organizations or supply the requested information, in a polite and professional manner. Take and deliver messages as necessary.
- Monitor the shared guest information email inbox, and respond to guest inquiries promptly with accurate and concise information.
- As the Resort guest service receptionist, give information on conditions, weather, daily report, lift ticket rates, season pass products, special events and promotions.
- Using data provided by Slope Maintenance teams, input and update daily trail grooming on a strict fixed schedule for dissemination on Resort’s webpage.
- Attend regular staff meetings to discuss work assignments and review information updates.
- Answer guest e-mail inquiries and comments promptly and accurately with emphasis on sales, problem solving, conflict resolution, and service or service recovery.
- Maintain displays and print collateral at Guest Services locations
- Review and respond to guest feedback surveys through resort’s online survey system.
- Maintain and update informational reference documents for use within team and company-wide.
- Assists Sales & Marketing departments to actively promote and cross-sell summer/winter seasonal products and services.
- Assist guests with resort information at the base and on-mountain contact areas.
- Assist when assigned with various special events including, but not limited to, animation efforts, seasonal events, promotions, group recreational races, picnics and catered meals.
- Report and/or correct unsafe conditions regarding equipment, work area and ski area in general.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude while dealing effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Maintain a neat, organized and clean work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Supports the Winter Park Way
- Exceptional organizational and guest services skills required.
- Demonstrated keyboard and software program proficiency at an intermediate to advanced level with Microsoft Office systems required.
- Diplomatic attitude in dealing with others, especially in stressful situations requiring conflict resolution.
- Ability to speak effectively to both individuals and groups.
- Able to perform well under pressure.
- Able to multi-task
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay: $16.50
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.