- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
- Company: Borealis Basecamp
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $15 - $17 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://borealisbasecamp.net
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (907) 903-9704
At Borealis Basecamp, we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are an adventure resort just outside of Fairbanks, Alaska, where guests from all over the world gather to watch the northern lights during the winter, the midnight sun during the summer, and experience Alaska’s year-round beauty. We seek dedicated, friendly, energetic people who enjoy interacting with people from all over to join our team.
- Front Desk Day Shift Duties: Greeting guests, checking them in and providing the guest with available activities at the time of check-in, and walking them to their rooms, answering the phone, scheduling tours, preparing guests for activities, providing information about the area, maintaining a disinfected and clean lodge, cleaning the bathrooms as needed, assisting with breakfast service and cleaning up after breakfast service, communicating any maintenance issues to the maintenance department, communicating with activities department to provide guests accurate information on available activities, providing 5-star guest service by communicating well with guests, being friendly, and fulfilling guest needs. Any and all duties as assigned.
- Activities Desk Duties: Greet guests as they walk into the activities center, check them into activities by matching them to their reservation, ensuring all assigned waivers are filled out, prepare guests for activities by outfitting them in winter clothing or rain clothing, sanitize winter/rain gear as it is returned, sanitize safety equipment as it is returned, maintain current and accurate availability of activities inside of reservations system, coordinate with guides and partners to ensure a timely departure of all tours, sell merchandise from activities desk, clean activities desk and maintain a tidy area for guests, manage the allocation of machines and resources inside Flybook.
- Housekeeping Duties: Cleaning guest rooms, folding linens, counting inventory of linens, cleaning storage area. Cleaning guest rooms including changing towels and linens, cleaning bathroom and shower, restocking teas, taking out the trash, and sweeping and mopping floors.
This is a variable rate position! This pays:
Front Desk Shifts: $15/hour
Activities Desk Shifts: $15/hour
Housekeeping Shifts: $17/hour
Ability to communicate with staff, and possess a professional demeanor. Willing to work a flexible schedule. High school diploma/GED or previous experience preferred. Able to lift, rotate, and place 50 lbs. Able to negotiate uneven terrain in low light in sub-zero temperature. Reliable transportation. Willingness to work outdoors in the Arctic climate is crucial. Ability to stand on feet for up to 8 hours a day. For all positions at Borealis Basecamp, each and every team member must be willing to help team members out of their regular department and must be able to hold a conversation with a stranger for several minutes.
We have staff housing available here on the property! Each room is double occupancy, and there is a common area (with Netflix :)), private men’s and women’s restrooms, a small laundry space, and a commercial kitchen. We have a staff chef that prepares staff lunch and dinner, and breakfast is self-serve (we stock oatmeal, cereal, and fruits). We have a good wifi signal at Basecamp for staff, and a staff shuttle going into Fairbanks once a week for any extra snacks/ extras you want to purchase. Staff housing is $50/week!
Send your resume at [email protected]