- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Carmel-By-The-Sea, California
- Company: Mirabel Hotel & Restaurant Group
- Salary: $19 an Hour
Company ContactApply Online Now
Mirabel Hotel & Restaurant Group
Apply Here: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/Mirabel.jobs?ShowJob=486674050&TrackId=Indeed
Come join our exclusive team while we provide exemplary service in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea.
We are looking for an experienced full-time
Guest Service Agent. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Attention to detail
- A strong work ethic
- A passion for creating memorable guest experiences
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as needed
- High motivation and an enthusiastic team player attitude
- The ability to communicate effectively in English
- 2-3 years of Front Desk or Reservations experience
Guest Services Agent
To provide front desk services to guests including room merchandising, reservations and room assignment activities, handling requests/complaints, and providing information. Is familiar with and complies with the L’Auberge Carmel and Mirabel Hotel and Restaurant Group’s Mission and Service Standards as well as Relais & Chateaux’s standards in performing all key areas of accountability and other essential duties and responsibilities.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issue room keys and familiarize guests with the services the hotel has to offer.
- Answer and handle all incoming telephone calls efficiently and accurately according to standards.
- Make and confirm reservations according to L’Auberge Carmel standards and utilize room merchandising techniques.
- Act as key communication link. Responsible for clear and effective communications between co-workers, management, and other departments.
- Act as a Bell Staff in greeting guests and assisting guests in the Bell Staff’s absence or if they are otherwise occupied.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Make restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations, and arrange for other guest requests.
- Post charges such as room, massage, or telephone, to guest folios.
- Collect payment and make change for guests.
- Perform a daily bucket check ensuring all in-house guest information is up to date and accurate.
- Follow security and safety standards at all times.
- Keep familiar with current codes for Market Segments and Sources, current rates, packages, and promotions.
- Responsible for following key control procedures according to set standards.
- Adhere to and promotes the Relais and Chateaux Mission Statement/Objectives.
- Adhere to and promote the Mirabel Hotel and Restaurant Group Service standards.
- Adhere to and promote L’Auberge Carmel’s Mission and Vision statements.
- Perform a daily cashiering audit and balance shift cashiering transactions.
- Perform preliminary night audit and DOR during day end shift.
- Demonstrates loyalty and trustworthiness to the entire Mirabel Hotel and Restaurant Group.
- Promote and maintain good working relationships with your Mirabel group counterparts.
Other essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
- Is familiar with and complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Stamp, sort, stuff and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and messages as necessary.
- Maintain and ensure the front desk and lobby area are neat, organized, appealing, and presentable to guests.
- Maintain and ensure lobby bathrooms are super clean and stocked with paper and towels.
- Complete daily filing tasks.
- Transmit and receive telephone messages.
- Complete daily tracking reports.
- Maintain sufficient working supplies at the front desk.
- Communicate with other area hotels and guest liaisons (Visitor’s Center, Travel Agents) regarding daily promotions.
- Assist in training new/other employees.
- Provide assistance to other departments as requested or needed.
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to bell staff.
- Complete special projects as assigned.