- Date Posted: July 31, 2023
- Location: Corning, New York 14830
- Company: Radisson Hotel Corning
Company ContactApply Online Now
Radisson Hotel Corning
The Front Desk/Guest Service Agent is primarily responsible for handling all guest interactions and going above and beyond to exceed guest requests. This individual often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent first impression.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- All room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- All hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested situations.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within specified minutes determined by property guidelines.
- Maintain a neat and presentable front desk area.
- Monitor guest mail and ensure that it is processed according to procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that express check-outs are processed through the system.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/team member accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contact newly registered guests within specified minutes determined by property guidelines after check-in to establish guest satisfaction; resolve any dissatisfaction immediately. Document each call according to procedures.
- Ensure security of guest rooms.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospitality experience required
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and StayNTouch or similar property management system.
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs with assistance
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and squeezing & overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must have excellent guest and associate relations skills. Skilled in problem solving by identifying the problem and working through it.
- Possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills.