- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Moab, Utah
- Company: Under Canvas
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://www.undercanvas.com
- Email: [email protected]
Hourly Rate Starting at: $17/hr
Under Canvas is America’s leading glamping company. We welcome go-getters of all types who are able to jump in head first and contribute to a fast-growing company. As a Guest Experience Supervisor, you thrive on engaging with guests, creating extraordinary outdoor experiences, and being a brand ambassador for Under Canvas. This is a seasonal, hourly position that includes free housing for the duration of employment. This position is ideal if you love working outdoors for long periods of time and requires cross-departmental collaboration in a number of functional areas.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- Demonstrate the stamina to work long hours in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to exhibit leadership skills via team management, delegation, and prioritization, all while positively engaging with on-site guests and upcoming arrivals.
- Effectively coordinate and execute tasks cross-departmentally including but not limited to, Guest Experience, Front Desk, Adventures, Food & Beverage & Groups.
- Welcome guests as they arrive, confirm their on-site activities and set the tone for the duration of their stay.
- Share passion, knowledge, and recommendations for activities and attractions to experience in the local community.
- Anticipate workflow and appropriately delegate tasks.
- Exercise best judgment, tact, and resourcefulness when exercising company policies and addressing concerns with the appropriate department(s) as needed.
- Find ways to streamline processes to maximize efficiency and resource use.
- Cultivate and share resources and leads with headquarter teams for departmental growth.
- Conduct on-site activities consisting of but not limited to stargazing, nature walks, yoga, live music, special events (ie group events & holiday-themed activities).
- Ensure all events, adventures, and company programs are well attended and received.
- Strive for excellence in guest experience across all departmental priorities (adventures, on-site activities, retail & equipment rentals).
- Contribute and assist teammates at the on-site & corporate levels to maintain high standards of camp operations.
- Demonstrate accountability & diligence with all associated priorities.
- Exercise leadership abilities to develop team strengths and opportunities.
- Own relationship with third-party vendors to coordinate wellness, yoga, outdoor education, music, art, entertainment, etc.
- Own relationship with third-party adventures vendors to coordinate activities for guests and clients
- Coordinate with group sales and marketing weekly to facilitate group functions, site visits and VIPS/marketing events.
- Control costs (on-site activities) and maintain a monthly budget.
- Participate in weekly and daily meetings to ensure the GECs, as well as the Front Desk team, are well informed about activities offered on-site as well as off-site, upcoming events or groups, and any other special events or arrivals.
- Ensure all upcoming events and VIP arrivals have a point person.
- Oversee all Retail operations including ordering, inventory, product, and financial management.
- Weekly/bi-weekly/monthly action plan to help drive NPS and value for price paid.
- Department scheduling with an eye for strategic needs and coverage.
Other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma or GED
- Prior Under Canvas or supervisory experience a plus
- Minimum two years of experience with guest interaction in resorts, hotels, or hospitality
- Service-minded with a passion for guest service experience
- Genuine, outgoing, friendly, and dynamic
- Passion for the Great Outdoors and America’s National Parks
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge of local attractions, landmarks, activities, history, and culture
- Teamwork and adaptability
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during the interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Training
Please visit our website to apply