- Date Posted: July 22, 2022
- Location: Telluride, Colorado
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $21.31 - $25.04 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://townofmountainvillage.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 369-6409
Job Title: Gondola Maintenance – Mechanic
Effective Date: January 2022
Salary Grade: 7 (Min $21.31, Mid $25.04)
NATURE OF WORK:
Under general direction, performs preventive maintenance duties and repairs of Gondola equipment and components in accordance with department policies & procedures, and state & Federal regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily and monthly inspections on all Gondola equipment, components, terminals and facilities in accordance with manufacturer specifications; carries out responsibilities in accordance with Transit Department policies & procedures, and state and Federal regulations; assures safe and reliable Gondola services are provided to employees, guests, and residents of the community.
- Performs basic cleaning and maintenance of equipment within scope of authority; cleans cabins and facilities; replaces and adjusts grips, belts, lights and pulleys; troubleshoots present and potential mechanical problems; replaces mechanical parts and components as necessary.
- Performs maintenance duties and repairs of Gondola equipment and components as assigned; performs unscheduled maintenance in emergency situations as directed.
- Maintain snowmobiles, the snowcat, ATV’s, and UTV’s as needed.
- Assists other mechanics and technicians as needed.
- Acts as a liaison, when necessary between Mountain Village and its residents and guests, subcontractors, vendors, and merchants giving direction and assistance as needed.
- Promotes and observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment; secures work sites as necessary; may attend safety committee meetings, actively participates in and may conduct tailgate trainings
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of the team
- Reinforces the Town’s commitment to the environment by responsible use of electricity, natural gas, fuel, paper, water, and chemicals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma / GED, plus at least one year of equipment maintenance, general mechanic experience, lift maintenance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Obtain or have access to tools needed to perform standard maintenance.
Possession of a valid Colorado State Driver’s License is required. additional technical certifications may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: Public transit equipment maintenance practices; safety rules and regulations; general mechanical and electrical principles and applications; department policies and procedures; hand tools, hydraulic equipment, power tools, pneumatic tools, rigging equipment used in equipment maintenance; lift tools, hoists and lubricants.
Skill in: Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands; recognizing and troubleshooting problems with equipment and components; performing diagnostic tests on components and equipment; adapting parts and tools to specific repairs; identifying safety problems; performing preventive maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment and operating systems; using hand tools, power tools, and repair equipment; providing technical direction and instructions to others; effective verbal and written communication; establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers.
Work is performed in outside in various weather conditions, and at heights.
While performing the duties of this job, employees is exposed to moving mechanical parts, ladder climbing, electrical hazards, and dangerous tools and equipment; may lift/move up to 100 lbs.
Expectations of All Employees:
To support consistent high-quality guest service to everyone in our community, including our co-workers, making Mountain Village a great place to live, work and visit.