- Date Posted: July 21, 2022
- Location: Medora, North Dakota
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.medora.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (701) 623-4444
There’s no organization quite like the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF). We’re a premier tourism operation—and we’re a 501c(3) non-profit. We welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to an exciting, diverse lineup of entertainment, historical, and educational attractions—and we work tirelessly to connect people to Medora for positive life-changing experiences.
TRMF was established in 1986—but our story begins before that. In 1962, nationally-renowned businessman Harold Schafer took an interest in a historic old town named Medora. He loved its history, its striking location, and its potential to inspire others. So he began revitalizing the old town: he restored a historic hotel, brought the Medora Musical to town, and so much more.
It was 1986 when the Schafer family, with Harold ready to retire from business, donated all they’d created in Medora to establish the non-profit Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
In the years since, we’ve grown from a staff of a handful of folks to more than 50 full-time employees, with hundreds more seasonal workers and over 650 volunteers. We’ve awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of scholarships to our staff. The Medora Musical has earned the attention of The New York Times. And we’ve earned a reputation as the #1 tourism and hospitality provider in North Dakota.
We are a team of people who draw inspiration from Medora. We deeply respect this place, and the people we meet here. We deliver excellence in hospitality. We work with creativity and integrity. We’re a family that values family.
We are the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
TRMF is seeking an Equipment Technician for Bully Pulpit Golf Course who will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all turf equipment for the golf course, golf car fleet, and some light building repair and maintenance.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines, as well as clean machines and parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary
- Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines and repairs machines quickly and efficiently. Documenting work performed for reports.
- Coordinates with golf course superintendent to schedule regular maintenance on machines as well as collaborating regarding new products necessary to be added
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program with an emphasis on minimizing equipment downtime.
TRMF is located in the heart of the Badlands: Medora, North Dakota.
It’s situated near the border separating North Dakota and Montana, along Interstate 94. Medora is the basecamp to Theodore Roosevelt National Park: 110 square miles of rugged beauty. You’re never more than a few minutes away from a night under the stars or a bike ride along the thrilling Maah Daah Hey Trail. In Medora, beauty and adventure abound.
Our central hub of operations, the Life Skills Center, is a state-of-the-art campus, purpose-built for the glory of work and the joy of living. It features a dining room, a fitness center, as well as spaces for music, studying, learning, prayer, reflection, and socializing—all designed with our employees in mind.
- You have a passion for TRMF, the Badlands and the game of golf.
- You have experience with small engine repair, familiarity with a variety of mechanical and turf related equipment.
- You are looking to be part of the success of Bully Pulpit Golf Course on TRMF’s path to 2065.
- Company paid medical, dental, vision insurance for the employee only.
- 401(k) with 6% company match, immediate vesting.
- Apply online at www.medora.com/employment