- Date Posted: July 22, 2022
- Location: Glenwood, Washington
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 / year
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://getaway.house
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (206) 406-0166
Who We Are
At Getaway, we believe in a world where free time is a right and a ritual. To help make space in the world for free time, Getaway builds tiny cabins, places them in the middle of nature, and rents them out by the night to people looking to disconnect and recharge. You can look forward to working in a collaborative, open, and inclusive environment. We respect each other and our guests, we tell the truth, and we hold ourselves accountable. We see every day as an opportunity to do better and embrace honest feedback as a gift. At Getaway, we cultivate a safe work environment where we value learning from failure as much as success.
What We Need
Getaway is looking for a General Manager to oversee all aspects of the Getaway operation. With a high-level focus on our tiny cabins, the guests that rent them, and the team that keeps them going, this position has a little bit of everything. The success of our Outposts depends on our leaders and their teams. You are a natural leader who is driven to build culture and motivate a team of hospitality-minded individuals. You’ll leverage your business acumen to steer your team toward hitting their performance goals and meeting Getaway’s KPI targets. You’re a hospitality-minded soul with an eye for all the little things; an entrepreneurial co-owner of our business who thrives in fast-paced environments and has never met a problem they couldn’t solve.
This position is located in Glenwood, WA. This is a very rural town with limited connectivity. On-site housing is available.
What You’ll Do
Delight Our Guests
- Set the standards; be a perfectionist who’s organized, proactive, and action-oriented.
- Provide excellent customer service by monitoring the guest ticketing system to ensure tickets are answered in a timely manner, including during nights and weekends.
- Ensure every cabin is perfectly staged for every guest including cleaning and staging the interior of the cabin (bathroom, kitchen, dining, and bed area), cleaning and staging the exterior of the cabin (picnic table and fire pit area), doing laundry, and placing welcome items/provisions.
- Perform inspections on cleaned cabins to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are being met for our guests.
- Create and execute ideas to surprise and delight guests; aim to make every interaction personal, meaningful, and memorable.
- Proactively anticipate guest issues, analyze guest feedback and create a plan to resolve glitches.
Captain The Team
- Steward the culture as a natural leader; operate with integrity and sound judgment, always respect your team and our guests, and hold yourself accountable.
- Develop and retain a team of full-time and part-time employees; drive onboarding, training, and personal and professional development.
- Interface with other teams and departments; effectively communicate the needs of your team and operation.
- Drive daily initiatives like preventative maintenance, staging assignments, glitch resolutions, and outpost improvement projects.
- Be willing to do any job that you ask of your team; work together, consider all points of view, and share the same mission.
- Inspire your team by promoting our vision, mission, and values in a way that ties into their daily tasks.
- Ensure all team members are adhering to standard operating procedures and Getaway values.
Own The Operation
- Test new ideas, measure the results and embrace honest feedback in the spirit of always improving day-to-day operations.
- Maintain par stock of supplies including cleaning items, linens, uniforms, furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Create the weekly labor schedule while adhering to specific labor guidelines.
- Coordinate the cabin Preventative Maintenance schedule and ensure cabins are maintained on a monthly basis.
- Manage labor, operating supply, and maintenance budgets on a monthly basis to track progress toward goals.
- Identify capital expenditure projects on a quarterly basis; seek out contractor bids, and manage the work and budgets.
- Own KPI results; operate with less than 1% of bookings with a cleanliness issue, achieve a minimum of a 90% score on a secret shopper report, and maintain a competitive NPS score.
- Adhere to Getaway’s safety policies at all times to maintain a safe work environment.
Who You Are
- Experienced in leading a full-time and part-time population of 15+ top performers (2-5+ years).
- Experienced in overseeing a physical, tangible product (2-5+ years).
- Experienced in a guest or customer-facing industry (5-7+ years).
- Experienced in taking ownership of metrics and KPIs, financial or otherwise (3+ years).
- Experienced in overseeing a team of on-site associates & maintaining their living quarters.
- Experienced in utilizing technology and apps to work more efficiently.
- A lover of the outdoors; happy to work outside during all seasonal weather conditions.
- 18 years of age, or older.
All Important Must-Knows
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- For safety reasons, the candidate must have acceptable verbal English language and communication skills.
- The ability to adapt and follow instruction requires adequate comprehension skills.
- Essential to this job is the ability to move freely in and around obstacles.
- Candidates must have the ability to work under extreme temperatures throughout the day and/or night.
- Work may be performed in very small and cramped spaces.
- The ability to bend, stoop, climb, reach around, behind and across equipment, beds and furniture.
- Some lifting and the movement of moderate loads requires a 75-pound lifting requirement.
- This individual is responsible for cleaning and sanitation and is responsible for working with approved cleaning supplies.
- The ability to report for work at the prescribed time for each scheduled shift and to fulfill the job requirements for the duration of the shift or until relieved of all duties by a direct supervisor.
- The ability to interact productively and cordially with co-workers.
- The ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- The ability to receive constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- The ability to perform all work-related tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- It is required that you have your own registered vehicle and a valid driver’s license, as you will be required to drive safely to fulfill your role.
When You Will Work
- Full-time hours are likely to include weekends, day shifts, occasional night shifts, short shifts, and long shifts.
- On-call availability, in addition to normal hours.
- Upon hire, you will be required to relocate to this outpost by August 1st.
Beyond The Paycheck
- In addition to your base pay, Getaway also offers ample paid time off, monthly Get-a-days, extended health benefits, annual Get-a-stays, an Employee Assistance Program, and personal and professional development programs.
- On-site housing is available for this role.