- Date Posted: January 7, 2022
- Location: Big Water, Utah
- Company: Under Canvas
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $18.00 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.undercanvas.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 551-9469
As a Front of House Supervisor, you and your team are the main points of contact for our guest dining experience. You will engage with guests and oversee team members at our cafe style restaurant, pop up bars and coffee carts. You will ensure food safety, quality, and service standard protocols are followed, and support the Food & Beverage Manager with other operational needs. Your goal is for your team to operate smoothly and safely to provide guests with stellar service and everything they need for an enjoyable meal outside together with family, friends, and nature. We cater to a diverse range of guests including groups, families, and individuals varying in age, interests, and with various degrees of comfort in outdoor elements. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes free employee housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You lead by example, maintain composure, take action, are resourceful, and solutions-minded in unpredictable situations such as weather, diverse needs of guests, or incidents on property.
- Cheerfully greet and serve guests at the restaurant counter, answer questions about menu items, provide recommendations, process transactions accurately in a timely manner.
- Learn and share your knowledge of menu and beverage offerings, local culture and on-site activities.
- Resolve challenges as they arise by offering quick solutions that are in the interest of the guest, your team and profitability of the department.
- Actively maintain guest safety by making sure all food safety, sanitation & alcohol service protocols are being followed.
- Your passion for leadership in the food & beverage industry combined with your commitment to delivering high standards of service will be critical to create memorable dining experiences.
- Your positive attitude, ability to listen to guests, and anticipate needs of your team and guests will lead to consistently positive guest feedback.
- You value teamwork, quickly step in to help others.
- Provides support to F&B Manager and BOH Supervisor
- Set clear expectations, provide accurate, complete, and timely communication.
Other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma/GED
- Restaurant leadership experience
- Food Handler Certification and TIPS card
- Must be obtained within two weeks of the start of employment
- Experience with POS systems
- Knowledge of basic barista and bartending skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to lead a team
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Travel