- Date Posted: January 11, 2021
- Location: , Homer, AK
- Company: Land's End Resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: https://www.lands-end-resort.com/jobs/
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 907-235-0414
Land's End Resort
Summary of Position: This position of Front Desk A/B Clerk is to assist in promotion, operations and implementation of policies and procedures to establish Land’s End Resort as Alaska’s premier resort destination. All duties must be carried out in a professional, business-like manner, with flexible and strong leadership abilities. A/B Clerks are expected to make hotel reservations, greet guests, check-in/out guests and meet and exceed our guest needs. This position is expected to communicate and coordinate effectively with the FDM, AFDM and HM, as well as assist other Front Desk clerks and other employees in the completion of duties as necessary.
1. Making Hotel/Lodge/Walk-in reservations.
2. Verifying Reservations.
3. Revising reservations.
4. Canceling reservations.
5. Answering information requests and phones efficiently.
6. Familiarize yourself with Group and Special Events information and be able to check them in/out as instructed.
7. Verify reservations/charges are precisely closed to the correct City Ledger and Direct Deposit Accounts.
8. Checking guests into and out of the Hotel and Lodges.
9. Be able to check in/out reservations for Tour Wholesalers and Travel Agents which require special attention.
10. Posting room and tax charges.
11. Posting miscellaneous charges and restaurant charges to the rooms.
12. Filing paperwork and stocking the Front Desk resources.
13. Audit and organize the In-House/Arrival drawer.
14. Keep Front Desk drawers and cabinets organized and stocked.
15. Be educated in Tax Exempt/Purchase Orders and Credit Card Authorization Forms.
16. Correctly close reservations/charges to City Ledger and Direct Deposit.
17. Handle House Accounts.
18. Contact No-Shows promptly.
19. Adept to handle Eres, Expedia and Synxis Reservations as well as seasonal packages promoted by the Land’s End Resort.
20. Cashiering accurately and responsibly.
21. Fluent in Room Key/SafLoc.
22. Housekeeping duties as assigned.
1. Comply with dress code/uniform.
2. Keep information about guest and co-workers confidential.
3. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work any day and any shift as required.
2. Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
3. Able to work in Housekeeping.
4. Work well under pressure.
5. Must have neat, legible penmanship.
6. Must have good communication and organization skills.
7. Ability to multitask.
8. Advanced customer service skills.
Qualifications: Previous experience preferred.
To apply, visit link below & complete application. Or call for more info.