- Date Posted: October 3, 2023
- Location: Thompsonville, Michigan
- Company: Crystal Mountain
Company ContactApply Online Now
A Front Desk Agent offers the highest level of guest service at the resort, responding in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and complete established check-in procedures for arriving guests.
- Facilitate guest departure (check-out), reviewing accounts and charges with guests during the check out process to ensure billing accuracy.
- Courteously answer inquiries and accept reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Maintain good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Assist with answering incoming calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Prior experience with Springer Miller (SMS), Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Outlook a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
- Able to work with computers, faxes, copiers, scanners and various other technologies in offices and on resort.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplify professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Crystal Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. 2020 Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan’s only alpine slide, the Park at Water’s Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.