- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Montecito, California
- Company: Rosewood Hotel Group
- Salary: $17.78 - $18.28 an Hour
Company ContactApply Online Now
Rosewood Hotel Group
Overview: Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services hours of operation.
- All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments, and location.
- All room rates, special packages, and promotions.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled daily group activities / VIPs.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure the accuracy of contracted monies. Keep the bank secure at all times.
- Meet with the Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
- Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up a workstation with the necessary supplies.
- Answer the department telephone within 3 rings, using the correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Promote positive guest relations with all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Confirm reservation in the system and review all noted information.
- For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
- Register guests on the computer.
- Verify reservation information with the guest (departure date, room type).
- Obtain backup information for guest credit/payment method and input it into the system; collect cash when designated.
- Assign guest room.
- Advise guests of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Direct Bell Person to escort guests and transport their luggage to the room.
- Maintain guest history files on all guests.
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Handle overbooked or “walked” guests.
- Accommodate room changes.
- Document all guest requests, complaints, or problems.
- Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
- Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure the security of keys.
- Distribute all guest and department mail.
- Monitor, send, and distribute guest faxes.
- Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
- Generate, print, and distribute daily and weekly reports.
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
- Process all check-outs.
- Resolve any late charges.
- Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
- Settle guest accounts.
- Solicit guest comments on their stay.
- Process express check-outs.
- Handle requests for late check-outs.
- Conduct group check-ins/outs.
- Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory, and guest information.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Make change for guests.
- Post charges.
- Run closing reports.
- Count and secure bank.
- Complete designated cashier reports.
- Balance receipts.
- Drop receipts.
- Document pertinent information in the logbook/ Lotus Notes/Front Desk Checklist.
- All other duties as required
Experience: Minimum two years experience as a Front Desk Agent or supervisory role within a luxury or ultra-luxury hospitality setting. Experience working overnight shifts and as a Night Manager on Duty preferred.
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy; prioritize, organize, and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Technical Skills: Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers
Education: High school diploma. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and/or work-related experience a plus.
Language: Required to speak, read, and write English and do basic mathematics and fluency in other languages a plus.
The pay scale for this position is between $17.78 and $18.28/hour, plus upsell incentives. This is the pay range for this position that the Hotel reasonably expects to pay.