- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Pottsville, Pennsylvania
- Company: Lehigh Valley Health Network
Lehigh Valley Health Network
Prepares and/or builds food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation standards. Performs a variety of tasks and services in the preparation, distribution, and serving of food.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Functions as a member of the health care team in providing nutritional care to patients as appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Answers customers’ questions and provides information on procedures or policies, contributes positively to the patient care experience.
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Protects organizational value by keeping information confidential; cautions others regarding potential breaches.
- Understands and follows all Federal, State, ServSafe, and other food service regulations including maintaining required documentation.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Adheres to established Hospital/departmental policies and procedures, objectives, Quality Assessment and Improvement Program, Infection Assessment and Improvement Program, legal, safety, environment control standards and Patients Bill of Rights.
- Washes and cleans equipment, food preparation areas, dining tables, work areas to include floors, while maintaining the highest possible standards of sanitation.
- Observes any problems with the quality or quantity of food being served.
- Operates all mechanical kitchen equipment correctly and safely.
- Assists with various periodic and scheduled cleaning projects.
- Assists other employees in the food service areas or cooks, as needed.
- 1 year experience working in a kitchen
- High School Diploma/GED
Lift and carry 40-50 lbs. Examples: Push/pull patients on bed, stretcher (requires 29 lbs. push force), lateral transfers up to 50 lbs. of the patient’s weight. Frequent to continuous standing/walking. Patient transporters can walk 8-10 miles per shift. *Patient care providers may be required to perform activities specific to their role including kneeling, bending, squatting and performing CPR.
Job Description Disclaimer: This position description provides the major duties/responsibilities, requirements and working conditions for the position. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, however management reserves the right to revise or change as necessary to meet organizational needs. Other responsibilities may be assigned when circumstances require.
Location: Lehigh Valley Health Network · Dietary
Schedule: Full Time 37.5 hours, Multiple Shifts, 6:00-7:00
Please email at [email protected] for more details or Call us at (888) 402-5846 for futher communication.