- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Chula Vista, California
- Company: Kampgrounds Enterprises, Inc
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.keioutdoor.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (619) 376-2274
The Palm Springs/Joshua Tree KOA is a campground looking for enthusiastic people to join our food service team for our 2022-2023 Camping Season.
Located in the beautiful Coachella Valley about 40 minutes from Joshua Tree National Park, we are a wintertime destination offering camping in RVs, Cabins, Deluxe Cabins and tents year round.
The Palm Springs/Joshua Tree KOA offers employee’s a variety of amenities and activities in a beautifully landscaped park. We have a large pool and three spas all fed from world renowned therapeutic hot springs in addition to an abundance of things to see and do around us. Our winter weather is beautiful with temperatures ranging from high fifty and sixties at night to seventies and eighties during the day.
Our goal is to create a great camping experience for our guests by offering excellent customer service. If you enjoy meeting new people, working in a fun yet challenging environment, and helping families create memories to last a lifetime we want to talk to you!
• Ensures customers receive a high level of service consistent with our customer service philosophy
• Help to ensure the safety of guest and campground property with attentive observation and action
• Coordinate and implement a consistent daily menu
• Use common kitchen utensils and tools including a fryer
• Prep, cook and plate a variety of menu items
• Interact with both adult and children guests
• Learn and operate Campground Management system
• Communicate with all staff and management using Microsoft Teams System
• Enforce campground policies and implement solutions consistent with goals of park
• Proactive guest management to ensure positive environment for all guests
• Light custodial work to maintain high standard of cleanliness in all facilities
• Good customer service and communications skills
• Able to work with others and work independently
• Able to operate light vehicles safely on property
• Professional Appearance and attitude towards guests and fellow team members
• Communicate professionally and patiently
• Be on your feet during shift and able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Food handlers or food manager certificates are required
The working hours for this position can be throughout the day, on weekends, and holidays with a starting pay of range of $15 and up depending on your experience. This position is seasonal from October 1st through April 15th and candidates can expect 20-25 hours a week depending on the occupancy of the park and hours of the cafe. Successful applicants who have their own fully self-contained RV may be considered for on-site accommodations, but it is not a requirement of employment nor a guarantee of accommodation.