- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Valyermo, California
- Company: Huttopia Paradise Springs
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $16 - $17 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://canada-usa.huttopia.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (514) 508-0882
You’ll find our Huttopia Paradise Springs village high up in the San Gabriel Mountains inside the protected Angeles National Forest. Paradise Springs has long been a destination for people looking to escape greater Los Angeles for the wild. It’s an oasis in a wide canyon ringed by lush desert greenery fed by an artesian spring that flows into a winding creek all year long. That sounds like paradise to us.
The site is only 1.5 hours from Los Angeles, but it is lost in the heart of a national forest. In the surrounding, there is a diverse wildlife and many hiking trails to discover. On the campground, we have a restaurant that makes food with fresh ingredients, we offer activities for our guests and a refreshing pool to cool off. Open from April to October, we have 70 housing accommodations for our guests. Our campground in California is a historical site with links to Hollywood in the 1920’s. It is a beautiful site, surrounded by mountains that will take your breath away.
Huttopia projects itself as a global brand in the field of ecotourism, representing a lifestyle and values that are respectful of nature and curious about other people’s cultures.
“Our profession is both a simple and exciting one: Finding beautiful natural environments, establishing sites that do not harm the surroundings and that enhance the nature and local culture, and setting up light-weight and easily dismountable infrastructure which nestle in harmoniously with the landscape. Then welcoming families, often city dwellers, who are looking to stay in simple and direct contact with nature, to relax and discover the region together in an environmentally-friendly manner.”
Philippe Bossanne, Founder of Huttopia
Have you ever wished you could work and live in the great outdoors? Give meaning to your work, choose nature as your living space, evolve confidently within the company, and come be part of the Huttopia adventure!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and equipment.
- Prepare home-made pizzas, salads, crepes, etc.
- Monitor stock levels.
- Take and fill customer orders.
- Issue bills and accept payment.
- Comply with, and enforce, sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mostly, have fun and enjoy the nature!
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Concerned about cleanliness
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Fluent in English
* We would love to welcome a couple that could fill the Housekeeping and Food & Beverage positions.
- Contract duration: Summer 2022 (flexible contracts from Now-October)
- Full-time position (Part-time also possible)
- Possibility of onsite lodging, upon availability
No need to have experience, we will be there to support you and help you reach your greatest potential.
Come enjoy the summer with us and make lifelong friendships.
- Free housing. Live in a cabin that has 1-2 private rooms with wifi, just beside the campground and with a view of the mountain.
- 20% discount resto + camp store,
- Free laundry,
- Social environment,
- Access to guests’ facilities during time off
- We will follow you through your travel journey – Opportunity to work for a second season on a different campground
What to do at Paradise Springs
- Swim in the historical swimming pool with the view of the valey.
- Learn the fascinating history of the resort and its link to Hollywood in the 1920’s
- Relax on your day off – grab a table in the shade of the big pine trees and enjoy a fresh juice, smoothie or a cold-brew coffee.
- Hike in the Angeles National Forest
- Visit Wrightwood, a small mountain town with nice restaurants, shops and bars.