- Date Posted: January 31, 2023
- Location: Keystone, South Dakota
- Salary: $16 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.xanterrajobs.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (605) 574-2515
Come join our Food & Beverage team at Mount Rushmore National Memorial!
Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences? Located in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota, the destination draws more than 3 million tourists per year. Mount Rushmore Memorial operates a variety dining outlets serving convenient grab-and-go meals, coffee, and desserts. We offer opportunities to share your passion and hands-on expertise for hospitality by overseeing front-of-house and back-of-house staff. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for the continued supervision, development, and training of employees at food service locations. Ensure that all procedures are completed to corporate standards. Assist in creating staff schedules, planning menus, managing dining room, bar, and banquet operations, and other duties as assigned.
Wage: $16.00 per hour
Position Type: Full Time, Year Round
PERKS & BENEFITS
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
- Affordable, dormitory-style housing with two employees per room
- Rooms all have a private bathroom
- On-site laundry facilities, employee shuttle service for peak season, and WIFI available
- Lodging and three meals per day provided at $107 per week, automatically deducted from the paycheck
- 50% discount on Xanterra Travel Collection Lodging
- 30% discount on the gift shop
- 20% discount on the restaurant
- 15% Verizon service & products discount
- Black Hills VIP Training Pass discounts for location attractions
- $350 referral bonus
- Responsible for continued supervision, development, and training of 2-20 employees in a designated area of the operation.
- Lead, train, and inspect the performance of assigned staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the property’s standards. Follow and enforce all policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Assist in schedules or supervises the scheduling of staff.
- Confer with food preparation and other personnel to plan menus and related activities such as dining room, bar, and banquet operations.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet the requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Investigates and resolve food quality and service complaints.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly: Service procedures, specs, prep, and set-up requirements.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation and kitchen equipment skills.
- Maintain paperwork requirements.
- Comprehending and extending recipes if applicable.
- Ability to adapt to change, new situations, and changes in staffing and procedures.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours; and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all area cycles, presentations, specifications, and guidelines.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner with the awareness that all actions and communications are within staff’s view. Ensure a congenial atmosphere for all.
- Working knowledge of basic cooking/Food and Beverage practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.