- Date Posted: April 17, 2022
- Location: Seal Harbor, Maine
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Previous experience required
- Website: https://jordanpondhouse.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (207) 276-3781
Responsible and accountable for the success of all Restaurant and Kitchen operations according to Company standards. This includes revenue growth, managing budgets, COGS, labor controls, inventory controls, and bar controls. Also responsible for coaching and mentoring all direct reports to ensure effective development opportunities.
- Ensures that the menu, which cannot be changed without Corporate F&B approval, and guest service expectations, as outlined in the Employee Handbook, are being executed at levels that meet or exceed Company standards.
- Responsible for direct coaching and mentoring of the Restaurant Manager and Kitchen Manager in the leadership and development of their respective employees.
- Responsible for direct coaching and mentoring of the Restaurant Manager and Kitchen Manager, on a daily basis, in their respective technical responsibilities.
- Ensures Front of House and Back of House departments are working as a cohesive team to provide the highest level of quality and service as per Company standards.
- Covers the Restaurant and Kitchen Manager’s days off by spending dedicated time and effort ensuring operations continue to meet expectations during Managers’ absence.
- Leads the recruiting, interviewing and hiring for the F&B department, working with the GM and Corporate HR and F&B Directors. Ensures all positions being filled are within the staffing guidelines set forth by the Company.
- Creates all labor schedules for Front and Back of House, ensuring adherence to the staffing guidelines set forth by the Company.
- Works with the Kitchen Manager to ensure all kitchen staff is trained in proper cooking techniques, adherence to defined Company recipes and understands all health and safety guidelines in order to deliver an exceptional work and guest experience.
- Works with the Restaurant Manager to ensure all restaurant staff is trained on Micros, menus, and service standards as outlined by the Company, in order to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
- Responsible for achieving all financial goals, on a weekly basis, as established in the COGS spreadsheet.
- Directly responsible for compiling and reporting financial and performance metrics, including but not limited to revenue, COGS, payroll, invoices, food safety logs and checklists, etc.
- Micros responsibility to include updating all F&B items to ensure current pricing.
- Ensures appropriate inventory controls so that all menu items are available at all times by:
- Creating food orders in cooperation with the Kitchen Manager, placing food orders, and receiving food orders in cooperation with the receiver and Kitchen Manager (when appropriate).
- Creating alcohol orders in cooperation with the Restaurant Manager, placing alcohol orders, and receiving alcohol orders in cooperation with the receiver.
- Acts as Manager on Duty in the absence of the General Manager by responding to all guest complaints, handling of HR issues by working with local HR Administrator and Corporate Director of HR, and is the point of contact for all questions, concerns, and issues, etc.
- Ensure strict compliance with operational & Corporate standards, Company policies, Federal/State/Local laws and ordinances
- Maintain professional image with proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to perform with the highest professional and ethical standards
- Respond well to a changing work environment and able to perform at the highest level with minimal supervision
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills that include the ability to coach, develop and clearly communicate expectations
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to proactively recommend solutions
- Must have financial background with the proven ability to identify opportunities for revenue and fiscal management
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office and familiarity with POS system functionality
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Majority of shift will be spent on feet in a fast-paced environment, in close proximity to other people and will involve frequent bending, twisting, squatting, and lifting up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Hospitality, Culinary or related field
- Experience: Minimum 5 (five) years F&B Management experience
- POS experience
- ServeSafe certification required
- Spend 1 dedicated hour per day observing FOH, with a focus on identifying operational efficiencies and training opportunities for employees but more importantly, observing Restaurant Manager’s ability to identify opportunities and coach the team so that service expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Spend 1 dedicated hour per day observing BOH, with a focus on identifying operational efficiencies and training opportunities for employees but more importantly, observing Kitchen Manager’s ability to identify opportunities and coach the team so that quality expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Complete and distribute COGS worksheet on a daily basis, review payroll daily, invoice review and signoff daily; Weekly corporate reporting of all datasheets.
- Review, follow-up and sign-off on all F&B logs daily.
- Work with the Kitchen Manager to identify food and beverage ordering needs. Complete, submit, and oversee receiving of F&B orders.
- Review performance data sheets with Corporate F&B Director on weekly basis to identify areas needing improvement.
- Work with Restaurant Manager and Kitchen Manager on implementing weekly plans, goals, and deadlines to identify and address areas needing improvement.
- In the absence of the Kitchen and Restaurant Managers, the F&B Mgr. is expected to be in the restaurant areas during peak operating times.
- Recruiting, interviewing and hiring process involves frequent communication with the Corporate F&B Director ensuring their involvement and input at all times.