- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Breckenridge, Colorado
- Company: Town of Breckenridge
- Salary: $30.50 - $41.80 / Hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience needed
Company ContactApply Online Now
Town of Breckenridge
About our Community
Located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies, The Town of Breckenridge is a progressive dynamic environment with a world class ski resort community with a variety of year round recreational and culture opportunities in a pristine environment. Breckenridge is the second busiest ski town in the US situated 9,600 feet above sea level located just 73 miles from the thriving city of Denver.
The Fleet Mechanic position performs fleet service records; divisional purchasing; fleet repair and maintenance services; pertaining to all systems on all town fleet vehicles and equipment types. Including but not limited to: passenger cars, SUVs, pickups, small to large equipment including loaders and graders, and trucks from Class 3 through Class 8, transit buses, and alternative fueled vehicles. The incumbent also maintains shop tools and performs various welding design and fabrication projects.
-Potential Housing Available
-Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
-Great 401 and 457 retirement savings plans
-Generous leave balances for annual, personal, and sick leave
-Focused on our Core Values and life/work balance to enjoy our beautiful community
Check out all of our great benefits at www.Townofbreckenridge.com
Education & Experience
- Minimum of one year of job-related experience in the repair and maintenance of motorized vehicles and mechanical equipment.
- A minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Evidence of continued advancement in technical knowledge and skills.
Licenses and Certificates
- Valid CDL with Class B, P2 Endorsement, or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire. The Town offers select candidates training and testing for CDL.
- Valid Federal Motor Carriers (FMCSR) Medical Examiners Certificate or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire (expenses paid by employer)
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing required at time of hire.
Anticipated schedule generally consists of 4, 10-hour, daytime shifts. Generally the summer seasonal operational schedule consists of weekdays only and winter seasonal operational schedule requires one 1 weekend day shift. Individuals in this position may on occasion be required to work other shifts as needed including, days, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call, extended shifts, and overtime as needed due to urgent priorities or as scheduled.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING
- Successful applicants must be able to perform physical, demanding work, and are required to meet the DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements, pass a pre-employment drug screen; have a clear Motor Vehicle Record, pass a drug and alcohol release from previous employers, a background check and reference check.
- The incumbent may also be subject to random drug and alcohol testing requirements. This position is considered safety-sensitive (per DOT regulations) and operates Federal Motor Carrier vehicles on public rights-of-way as a regular function of his/her daily job duties.