John's Island Club
Full-Time – Year Round w/full benefits
Position Summary: Multi-faceted position that handles the front desk duties, including member/guest check-ins, reservations and scheduling, as well as maintaining cleanliness and organization of the Fitness & Wellness Center and equipment.
For full-time, year-round positions, we offer a full benefit package that includes: health, life and disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) retirement savings plan with generous company match, and meals while on duty.
- Greet members in a courteous, professional manner.
- Provide general information regarding Fitness & Wellness Center services to members, or direct inquiries to the
- appropriate staff person.
- Perform administrative duties for the front desk, member/guest check-in, reservations, and point of sale. Maintain
- Fitness & Wellness Center files.
- Answer incoming phone calls. Make certain that members’ requests or inquiries are satisfied. Take messages and
- direct calls to the appropriate staff person, if needed.
- Schedule members for classes, training sessions and massage. Contact members to update class or training session
- information. Confirm appointments.
- Perform various manual tasks associated with Fitness & Wellness Center Operations, such as cleaning equipment,
- picking up dirty towels and trash, restocking water, fruit, and fresh towels to member/guests.
- Walk the floor and be available to help. Assist members with proper use of Fitness & Wellness Center equipment.
- Provide members with towels, water, and other amenities.
- Prepare Group fitness Rooms in between classes by rolling up exercise mats, returning equipment to proper place and
- folding towels.
- Perform daily walk-through of all areas and maintain cleanliness and order.
- Perform CPR or deliver First Aid for someone in distress.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail.
- May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills, with demonstrated tact, courtesy and diplomacy. Ability to communicate
- and assist members in a courteous and professional manner. Ability to speak, read, and write in English language.
- General knowledge of Health and Fitness concepts, practices and procedures preferred.
- Fitness center experience preferred. Customer service experience required.
- Proficiency in using PC computer software.
- Must exercise excellent judgment and discretion with respect to the handling of confidential information and
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications.
Special Working Conditions:
- Work schedule includes early mornings and/or late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Continuous standing or walking.
- Ability to bend, stretch, reach, stand stoop, balance or crouch.
- Lift/move up to 50 lbs. regularly
To apply, click the link below & follow instructions on how to apply via online, or via email.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden