Vermont State Parks
Assists in the operation of Vermont State Park’s Island Runner ferry boat from Kill Kare State Park to Burton Island State Park.
Position is largely focused on customer service and passenger safety, as well as general maintenance and cleaning of vessel as directed by Ferry Boat Captain.
40 hours per week, 3-4 days per week. 12-hour days and weekend work required.
This position requires random chemical (drug) testing to comply with USCG regulations.
- Provides guidance and assistance to passengers embarking and disembarking on the ferry; checks tickets, tallies passengers on board, and ensures that passengers’ gear is secure and easy to locate. Assists passengers in loading and unloading gear.
- Assists in the safe departure and arrival of ferry to docks; handles the ferry’s lines when arriving and departing, as well as providing a stern lookout for captain.
- Delivers gear to campsites; assists campers in loading and unloading gear and firewood and delivers to campsites/ferry between ferry runs. Works with captain and other deckhand to coordinate gear deliveries efficiently.
- Performs daily vessel checks to ensure the vessel is safe, clean, and ready for operation. Checks bilges, basic mechanical and fluid checks, and disconnects vessel from shore. Communicates any issues to Captain immediately.
- Regularly assists in basic cleaning and maintenance tasks including but not limited to bathrooms, decks, and vessel. Assists in oil changes or other small maintenance projects as directed by vessel captain.
- Regularly practices and participates as needed with emergency procedures; provides excellence in customer service
To view full job description, and to apply, click link below & view PDF document.