- Date Posted: July 23, 2022
- Location: Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.rockymountainyouthcorps.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 879-2135
- Live, work, and serve closely with a diverse group of people in remote locations.
- Complete 8-10 hours of conservation-based project work per day and camp in a variety of outdoor conditions during the project week. (No prior experience is required)
- During the Fall season, crews will travel to projects, work and camp together 5-9 days at a time and then will return to the office and be ‘OFF’ for 2-5 days at a time. Some projects/logistics may require crews to operate in a 24/7 setting ‘summer model’ for a portion of the Fall. During your ‘OFF’ time in the Fall, you are responsible for your own food, transportation, and lodging.
- Participation in all RMYC service, education, and group camping activities or duties:
- Swinging tools, hiking, carrying heavy weights, and other physical labor
- Cleaning the vehicle, group cooking, collecting and filtering water, and other group chores
- Debriefing service projects, risk management discussions, feedback sessions, and educational activities.
- Any other activities or duties deemed necessary by your Crew Leader or an RMYC staff member
- Must adhere to and enforce the rules and regulations of RMYC and AmeriCorps, which includes abstaining from the use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco while on hitch (fall); as well as other rules, regulations, and risk management protocol.