- Date Posted: July 18, 2022
- Location: Angoon, Alaska
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $4,000 - $5,500 / month + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.whalerscovelodge.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (907) 723-7667
Whaler’s Cove Lodge is a sport fishing lodge located on Killisnoo Island in remote Southeast Alaska, and is in its 40th year of welcoming guests. This year approximately 600 guests will be joining us during our 82 day season.
Whaler’s Cove Lodge provides professional personal service to guests looking to immerse themselves in the best Alaska has to offer in both sport fishing and wilderness experiences. Humpback Whales & Orcas along with Alaskan Brown Bear are our closest neighbors. With a maximum guest capacity of 32, we primarily cater to fishing, but our adventure tours continue to grow each year. Our crew to guest ratio is 1:1.
We are not looking for just another heartbeat to perform work, we are seeking crew with heart, who care, and will provide exceptional customer service.
Whaler’s Cove Lodge is a unique employment environment. We operate a cooperative, self-sufficient, remote wilderness operation that requires an immense amount of foresight, communication, and teamwork. We are seeking crew members who are truly customer service oriented who strive to provide the best vacation experience possible for each and every one of our guests.
We expect our crew members to embrace their work every day and to be leaders with their exemplary professionalism. We have high-performance expectations for our crew to provide a welcoming, tasteful, relaxing, and fulfilling remote wilderness experience to our guests who quite often become our friends, returning year after year. It’s our crew who graciously hosts our guests every day and who make the guest experience memorable.
Our goal is to have a crew that inspires and respects each other and creates a satisfying and successful seasonal experience. Many of our crew have been on the Whaler’s Cove Lodge team for multiple seasons.
The Maintenance and Facilities applicant needs to be well-versed in maintenance skills. Job duties include:
- Routine plumbing, electrical, painting, etc. for problems that may arise in guest and crew rooms;
- Preferred familiarity with propane and electric hot water heaters;
- Preferred familiarity with propane fireplaces;
- Finish carpentry skills are a plus;
- Waste Management via the daily Operation of on-site Incinerator;
- Crushing glass and aluminum recyclables;
- Chopping of firewood for multiple locations; Lodge needs approximately 20 cords for the summer.
- Grounds keeping work for a 5+ acre property;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and problems; and,
- Ability to take direction, and work independently to complete the task at hand.
Must be physically fit as this job requires heavy lifting, crawling under buildings, and working in and around equipment inside and outside.
The salary for this position is $4,000 – $5,500 to start DOE+TIPS. Room and board are a part of the compensation package, and transportation to and from Juneau is reimbursed upon the successful completion of the season.
The approximate work dates for this position are now thru September 24th.