Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area is looking for experienced and motivated individuals to join our Ski Patrol team for the 20-21 winter season. We are looking for people who have at least 2 – 3 years of Ski Patrol specific experience and have current OEC or EMT-B certification. There will also be specific testing requirements to be completed upon hire and based on experience.
As a Ski Patroller at Arapahoe Basin you are responsible for providing medical care and emergency services to the guests or employees on our mountain as well as completing winter ski trail maintenance. A successful candidate for this role has completed A-Basin Rookie Ski Patrol Training or has previous Ski Patrol experience.
- Patrols, on skis, ski trails and slope areas to provide assistance and protection to skiers and report condition of trails, ski lifts, and snow cover on slopes.
- Completes Patrol opening and closing procedures to ensure trails are compliant with all current safety standards and company safety policies
- Provides proficient medical care or first aid in emergency operations and notifies medical personnel in case of serious injury
- Understands all medical transport procedures and transports injured skiers using a toboggan when necessary
- Trains continuously on Arapahoe Basin Ski Patrol operational standards and maintains knowledge of, complies with, and educates on the Ski Safety Act and Arapahoe Basin safety policies
- Recognizes avalanche terrain and understands all safety procedures on low hazard routes while working under Blaster in Charge.
- Responsible for promptly and accurately completing all incident forms and involves an Accident Investigator or Supervisor when necessary
- Responsible for a high level of guest service and can demonstrate a high level of confidence with guest interaction including when disciplinary actions are necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ski at an expert level – Able to ski all Arapahoe Basin terrain with good judgement, control, and confidence
- Operate a snowmobile effectively and with good judgement
- Strong problem-solving skills, organizational and prioritization skills, and memorization ability
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Mathematical reasoning is helpful
- Speak, read, and write in English
To view full job description, and to apply, visit link below: