- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Nantucket, Massachusetts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://www.whiteelephantresorts.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (508) 638-2439
White Elephant Resorts, a collection of award-winning boutique hotels and luxury resorts located on Nantucket, Massachusetts and Palm Beach, Florida is currently seeking a year-round Executive Housekeeper to oversee all housekeeping operations for the White Elephant Nantucket. With the highest average daily rate in its competitive set, the White Elephant is one of the finest luxury hotels on Nantucket where guests are immersed in island charm and elegance.
If you’re the type of person who goes out of their way to make guests happy, we invite you to explore this amazing opportunity and experience for yourself the pride, camaraderie, and sense of fulfillment that come from being part of the team at White Elephant Resorts.
The Executive Housekeeper position involves managing, training and overseeing the performance of all housekeeping managers, housekeeping supervisors, housekeepers and housemen.
Other important aspects of this position include the ability to:
- Manage day to day operation of a busy housekeeping department and ensure adherence to company standards
- Deal with employees and guests in a friendly and courteous manner
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all housekeeping personnel
- Manage daily payroll of housekeeping department
- Understand and utilize financial statements including budgets, P&L statements and forecast reports etc.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all departments
- Conduct inventories as required
- Ensure cleanliness and safety standards for all of our employees and guests.
Applicants should also work well under pressure, possess excellent communication skills, be organized, flexible, self-motivated, and have a great sense of humor. Experience with computers and Microsoft Office essential.
Fluency in Spanish and front desk operations knowledge a plus.
Requirements include a minimum of 3 years in a high volume housekeeping operation as well as management experience in a Hotel/Resort environment.
This position also requires relocation to Nantucket.
Rated by The Boston Globe as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts, White Elephant Resorts is a collection of premier properties which includes White Elephant Nantucket, White Elephant Palm Beach, The Wauwinet, Jared Coffin House, The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin and Nantucket Boat Basin.
White Elephant Resorts is a premier employer with spectacular benefits and compensation, including a competitive salary and bonus package; health, vision and dental; paid vacation; vested 401(K) plan; life insurance; long term care; health club reimbursement; dining/retail/hotel discounts and much more.
*Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.