- Date Posted: October 23, 2022
- Location: Big Sky, Montana
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Previous experience required
- Website: http://www.yellowstoneclub.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 995-7909
The purpose of the Executive Banquet Chef is to oversee all aspects of the culinary operation, including banquet service, menus, costing, sanitation requirements, scheduling, ordering, and inventory.
- Ensure that each member and guest receives outstanding service in a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total Member satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our Members at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our Members and guests, and assure that all transactions are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for team Members, Members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the Assistant General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Yellowstone Club Team Members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Establish schedule and organization in the kitchen in order to produce an efficient operation
- Produce high-quality entrees that meet established standards
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Maintain and enforce health standards and sanitary regulations
- Successful culinary production for the banquet operation
- Excellent leader and trainer
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the creation of a new banquet menu, adjust seasonally as needed
- Create tasting menus for prospective Members and guests (weddings, banquets, corporate events, etc.)
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance, and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers, and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain the privacy of our Members at all times.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high-quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours, and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cooking, minimum 2 years of formal culinary schooling, experience as a supervisor, working knowledge of food products, cost control, and menu generation, excel at working together with others
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors, and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem-solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow, or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms or operate a computer. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle, organize or lift items. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, attention to detail, and thoroughness of the work assigned.