- Date Posted: April 3, 2022
- Location: Aspen, Colorado
- Company: The Gant Aspen
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: Some experience needed
- Website: http://www.gantaspen.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 920-6074
This position is primarily responsible to serve as the liaison between the Sales Team and the Food and Beverage Team to ensure the execution of events and conferences, and to assist other F &B operations. This position will work directly with the guests, clients and homeowners providing the highest level of service while assisting in the functions of group management, managing event execution, departmental communication, and invoicing while fostering return group business.
*Hiring Bonus: $500 on second paycheck + $500 after 90 days*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the execution of on-property meetings and events; client and internal communication, preparing BEOs and service of events.
- Effectively respond to general inquiries on the telephone and in person, and direct them appropriately
- Create invoices, collect and process all deposits and final payments for group rooms, meetings and events.
- Accountable for all release dates of group and payment dates as well as invoicing all groups.
- Responsible for preparing and distributing the Event Schedules, BEOs, ChangeLog, and Banquet Checks on a daily/weekly basis. This includes the prompt distribution of last-minute changes to affected departments.
- Prepare group VIP amenities.
- Represent The Gant in site tours and on the property as the contact for current group questions.
- Knowledge and understanding of all fire and emergency procedures and Gant safety standards.
- Maintain positive relationships with group guests, clients, meeting planners, travel agents and wholesalers.
- Comfort and agility in resolving unexpected issues that inevitably arise in event planning and execution
- Assist in recognizing and maintaining relationships with repeat guests and meeting planners.
- Assist sales department when necessary and maintain communication regarding groups and special offers.
- Maintain positive relationships with homeowners and repeat guests.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Maintain constant contact with the Director of Sales, Sales Managers, and Director of F &B and develop a good positive relationship.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Director of F &B to ensure that a comprehensive knowledge of client files exists in order to respond to client needs in the absence of the manager
- Maintain a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Event knowledge is essential.
- Group business knowledge is essential.
- Reservations experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, and event and property management system.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills in to be used in phone conversations, face-to-face interactions with guests, email, fax and written correspondence with clients and colleagues. Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Time management and organizational skills are necessary for multi-tasking.
- Salesmanship and the ability to adequately position The Gant.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and time management/prioritization ability
- A relentless commitment to continuous improvement
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Small indoor and outdoor multi-task-oriented office involving the use of telephone, computer and AV equipment.
- Considerable person-to-person contact with clients, homeowners, and guests.
- High levels of stress may be present when dealing with demanding clients and long hours on your feet.
- Mobility through the Back of House, kitchen, restaurant and conference space (indoor/outdoor).
- Regularly work outdoors with adverse conditions with exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces during events or site tours.
- Heavy lifting may be required when moving furniture for events.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Telephone, computer, monitor, keyboard, printer.
- Office supplies and equipment.
- Copy and scanner machine, fax machine.
- Banquet and catering supplies and equipment
- Banquet Furniture
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Director of F &B
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt, Full-time Regular
HIRING RANGE: $50,000 – $70,000 annually
GENERAL BENEFITS: M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, PTO, Annual Bonus, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for full list. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, or other requirements and conditions.
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.