- Date Posted: January 10, 2022
- Location: , Portland,Oregon
- Company: MESD Outdoor School
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $664.00 / week
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.mesdoutdoorschool.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (503) 257-1774
MESD Outdoor School
MESD Outdoor school in Oregon is seeking a professional and kind educator to join their team!
How you will make an impact
- You will support and lead teams of students and high school volunteers in activities and science field studies encouraging scientific inquiry and positive social-emotional experiences
- You will serve as a role model, mentor and coach for high school and sixth-grade students
- You will work hard, teach, laugh, play, and live on-site with 6th graders and a staff of like individuals working toward the same goal and make some amazing memories
- You will be working in a creative and inspiring environment where you will be valued and respected for who you are
- You will support and join the continued work at MESD Outdoor School as an actively Anti-Racist organization.
- You will respond to the needs of students to set them up for success.
- You will work outside every day with students in the beautiful Oregon landscape, engaging with natural phenomena and nature
- You will gain skills in teaching, leadership, and mentoring youth
- You will work collaboratively with students to ensure the emotional and physical safety of all students.
- You will be an employee of a school district that supports students that often don‚Äôt succeed in traditional classrooms, and also have job opportunities outside of the season.
- You will live and work on-site, in an immersive ‚Äúcamp‚Äù environment, supporting all aspects of programming and teaching
- You will gain jobs knowledge and social skills like conflict resolution, communication skills and work with people that are different from you
- You will honor and respect the Native American and Indigenous traditional lands that we are located on.
- You are a positive team player through honest communication, altruism and respectful actions.