- Date Posted: March 15, 2022
- Location: Clover, Virginia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $390 / week
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://campmotorsport.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (434) 454-4059
The Driving Instructor is responsible for ALL aspects of the driving program. Being able to perform safety at all times not only when campers are present but also on the equipment. Must have the ability to represent the program to campers but to also parents and the community, and training and development by performing the following duties personally or through supervisors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as examples of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Implement and instruct the camp’s driving instructional and safety program activities.
- Maintain safe driving conditions and ensure that all safety procedures are followed at each driving location, including safety inspections of camper drivers prior to driving.
- Design and implement driving instructional curriculum as required.
- Move and prepare program cars/karts driving gear, safety equipment, and driving instructional supplies to driving activity areas as required. Ensure that everything required for teaching is at the ready prior to instructional sessions.
- Communicate the need for vehicle fueling with the Manager.
- Assist campers in putting on gear, getting in/out of cars/karts, and securing safety equipment.
- Clean driving gear (suits, helmets, etc), instructional equipment, cars, etc as directed.
- Assist in maintaining written records and reports of inspections, maintenance, and equipment inventory as directed
- Carry out and enforce camp safety regulations.
- Establish and maintain an environment that supports the physical and emotional safety and well-being of each participant in driving program areas and activities.
- Provide opportunities for each camper to experience individual driving success.
- Help ensure that each camper meets the goals established by the camp for camper development.
- Carry out decision-making in a manner that focuses on the physical and emotional safety of the participants, is appropriate for the age of the campers, and meets the needs of participants.
- Role model and set good examples for campers, including in areas of safety, and sportsmanship.
- Encourage respect for camp property, personal property, and facilities.
- Adhere to Personnel Policies and all established rules and regulations for staff conduct.
- Maintain good public relations with camper’s parents and program participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position does not currently directly supervise any non-supervisory employees and no supervisors currently report to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent communication skills for presenting key information, resolving conflicts, coaching, and building relationships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires physical, visual, cognitive, and auditory abilities to drive and safely operate a vehicle.
- Special tuition for employee’s camp age children
- Guest visitation privileges to company facilities with prior permission