- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Luray, Virginia
- Company: Delaware North at Shenandoah National Park
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $11.25 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.goshenandoah.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (877) 847-1919
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a Linen Driver to join our team at Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. As a Linen Driver you will operate the housekeeping vehicles in a safe and timely manner to deliver and retrieve linen piles on and off the vehicle. This job is very physical, requires both strength and stamina to continuously lift, carry, and maneuver the linens safely.
Linen Driver positions at Shenandoah start at $11.25/hr
Some locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, or local law
- Utilize organizational and time management skills to ensure prompt delivery and pickup of linens from the lodging units.
- Ensure the highest standards of safety. Use safe driving practices while underway and follow all rules of the road, including never texting or speaking on a cell phone while driving.
- Interacts on occasion with guests while stocking linen closets and assists guest as needed.
- Ensures all linen closets and work areas are neat, clean, and organized.
- Possess and maintains a valid driver’s license.
- Must exhibit the ability to safely handle a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work to meet deadlines and make decisions.
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and positively with coworkers and guests.
- Requires frequent sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling.
- May require pushing or pulling.
- Visual acuity sufficient to operate a moving vehicle.
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, quiet wooded hollows. It’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every shift.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.