- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Anchorage, Alaska
- Company: Doggy Adventures, LLC.
Doggy Adventures, LLC.
Do you love dogs? Do you love being outdoors? Are you looking for a low-stress, full- or part-time job? Would you like to get paid to walk?
If the answer is yes, then Doggy Adventures, LLC., would like to make you a team member. As a dog walker, you will be responsible for providing daily exercise and care of our clients’ furry friends.
We encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity if you are passionate about working with dogs and meet the listed requirements listed!
- Pick up dogs from their homes and safely transport them to designated walking areas. Must be able to reach assigned locations within 30 minutes.
- Lead dogs on walks of varying lengths and intensities
- Ensure the safety and the well-being of all dogs in your care
- Confine and carry small dogs as needed when large dogs are present
- Understand basic pet behavior and demonstrate ability to manage dogs safely and effectively. Requires ability to identify signs of aggression, stress, pain and fear.
- Make comments on dog behavior to supervisor as needed based on observations during dog walking sessions
- Communicate with clients to provide information on dog behavior, exercise and care during or after dog walking sessions, as needed
- Prepare all necessary documentation and take photos related to the dog walker instructions program, including the daily logbook, client file and other reports as required
- Monitor dog walks and the fitness and condition of the dogs, including eating habits, breathing rate and temperature.
- Must have a clean criminal history
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to download pet care app and use a smartphone to send updates and photos to clients, and to log hours and mileage
- Have suitable photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card and work identification card)
- Possess reliable transportation to work and to transport dogs, as well as current vehicle insurance. Walking, driving and placing dogs into vehicle is required
- Must attend and participate in all required training classes
- Must be dependable and punctual for assignments
- Must be willing to work assigned shift between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays, including the time needed to transport and walk assigned dogs, in a team environment as well as independently. Job requires flexibility to accommodate schedule and assignment changes
- Ability to accept all responsibilities and duties related to dog walking, including cleaning up after dogs and transporting dogs
- Must be able to lift 50-plus pounds, capable of handling a dog up to 120 pounds and possibly walking more than one dog at a time
- Must have no aversions to touching, smelling or being in close proximity with dogs, including sensitivity to pet dander, urine, feces or any other animal feature
- Prior pet care experience is a plus
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Flexible scheduling options
- Company-provided equipment including leashes and waste bags
- Reimbursement for personal vehicle/gas use
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
Expected hours: 15 – 37 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- On-the-job training
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Do you have any limitations with doing physical activities to include, but not limited to, lifting 50+ pounds, standing, stooping, walking and working in the cold or outdoor environments?
- What interests you about being a dog walker?
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation with insurance (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Ability to Commute:
- Anchorage, AK (Required)
Work Location: In person
Please email at [email protected] for more details or Call us at (907) 306-2051 for futher communication.